Mirror of Erised

this isn't really a harry potter au. it's more of a crossover where it takes place in the spn universe but the mirror of erised exists

also this isn't really destiel either but i didn't have anywhere else to put this so it's going here

~~~~~

"Dean?" Sam called out from the back of the antique store. They had been investigating an old antique store that they suspected were selling cursed objects to people.

Dean glanced up from where he was looking at a snow globe that was covered in so much dust he couldn't make out what theme was inside of the snow globe. "What is it, Sammy? Find something?"

"I think so." He answered.

Dean glanced over at Cas, motioning for him to follow. The two of them walked along the various aisles, shelves full of cobwebs and dust due to no one really maintaining the place. They made their way back to where Sam was.

"See this mirror?" He asked, shining his flashlight on it, the light reflecting on it.

Dean had two eyes, so yes, he could see the mirror. "Yeah, what's so special about it?"

"Well, I was walking past it, but something caught my eye as I past it. I went back, and I saw Gabriel standing behind me. Except, he wasn't there when I turned around. I looked back in the mirror and he was there, with his hand on my shoulder." Sam explained, glancing over at his brother and the angel.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Of course you didn't see Gabriel. He's been dead for years, remember? Lucifer killed him."

"I know that. It just... it was a weird feeling." Sam shrugged. "One of you stand in front of it to see if you can see Gabriel."

Castiel nodded, moving to stand in front of it. Sam took a step out of the way so that he could get a clear view. He looked into the mirror, and then quickly behind him.

"Well? What do you see?" Sam asked curiously.

The angel looked back into the mirror. He was standing in a white room, surrounded by some of his siblings and his Father. "I'm... standing in Heaven. And some of the siblings I was closest with are around me, along with God." He answered, eyes glued to the mirror as he took in each of his siblings' faces. Hannah, Balthazar, Anna, Samandriel, and some of the other siblings he was close with all stood around him. God was standing there, smiling proudly down at Castiel.

Sam furrowed his eyebrows. "What? You don't see Gabriel?" 

"I do not see Gabriel, Sam." Castiel shook his head.

The taller Winchester crossed his arms, confused by the whole thing. "Weird. Dean, you go." He unfolded his arms just to push his brother in front of the mirror.

Dean looked into it, only seeing Cas and Sam standing there. "I don't see anything. I just see you two." He explained, glancing back at his brother. "Haha, very funny guys. I know you're pranking me and are just pretending to see stuff in the mirror." 

"What? No, we're not!" Sam said.

"I'm callin' bullshit, but if you don't want to admit it, whatever." Dean rolled his eyes, walking away from the mirror. "C'mon, let's just keep looking." He started shining his flashlight on a nearby shelf, starting to inspect the contents on it.

Sam and Castiel shared a look of confusion. Sam shrugged after a moment, following Dean to go inspect the rest of the store.