Apple

Prompt: cas at an animal shelter and all of the animals immediately gravitating towards him (to the total confusion of the volunteers around). cas choking out a laugh as he's drowned in a pile of dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, and one lone goose.

~~~~~

"I don't know why you insist on going to an animal shelter, Cas. We can't adopt a pet." Dean glanced at the angel as he drove down the highway.

"Why not?" Castiel looked at him with those blue puppy eyes.

"We can't afford it. Plus, we don't have time to take care of the animal with all the hunts we go on and stuff."

Castiel huffed, crossing his arms. Not in an annoyed way, but more like he was inconvenienced.

When they arrived at the animal shelter, Castiel ran out of the car excitedly, like a little kid.

Dean rolled his eyes, but he couldn't hide the small smile that crept up on his face. He got out of the Impala and followed his boyfriend inside.

Once inside the building, Dean looked around but didn't see Cas. He walked up to the receptionist and said, "Have you seen a man wearing a tan trench coat come in?"

"Yes. He went that way." The receptionist pointed down a hallway and batted her eyelashes at Dean.

"Thanks." Dean winked before going in the direction she pointed him in.

Dean turned the corner and saw a pile of small animals piled on top of someone, who was trying not to giggle. "Cas?"

Castiel laughed happily, a puppy licking his cheek excitedly. "They love me!"

"It's odd. They never do that." One volunteer said.

"They are usually super shy and timid." Another volunteer added.

Castiel eventually sat up, and two kittens and a random goose tumbled off his chest. "Aww." Cas cooed, scratching underneath a puppy's chin.

"That's adorable." Dean smiled.

"Who are you talking to? Me or the puppy?" Castiel held the puppy up next to his face for comparison.

"Both." Dean's smile broadened.

"Can we pleeeease keep her?" Castiel pleaded, both him and the dog giving Dean puppy eyes.

"Fine." Dean huffed. "What are you going to name her?"

Cas pet the dog, thinking for a minute. "How about Apple? Because you love apple pie."

"You know, I can't tell what's gayer-- me, or the name 'Apple'." Dean said bluntly.

"You don't like the name?" Castiel pouted.

"No, I love it." Dean laughed softly. "Come on, lets go fill out the forms for adopting her." He held out a hand and helped the angel onto his feet.