Hands

Prompt: Based on the fact that Misha has bigger hands than Jensen.

~~~~~

Dean was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling. As much as he wanted to, he just couldn't sleep. He'd been thinking about the hunt that him and Sam were on.

Suddenly, a flutter of papers sounded, and Dean knew who had been the cause of it.

"Hello, Dean." Castiel said, knowing the hunter had been awake.

"Where the hell have you been? You disappear for a week without a word, and now you just show up in the middle of the night?" Dean sat up, turning on the lamp on the nightstand.

"Your soul was calling out to me. I could sense you were unhappy." Castiel replied, sitting on the edge of Dean's bed.

"I'm not unhappy. I just miss you, that's all. I was worried that something might've happened." Dean said softly.

"I am fine, Dean. I got caught up with my angel duties." Castiel assured the hunter.

That was the one bad thing about dating an angel. They often disappeared without a word for long periods of time. It happened too often to Dean's liking. He wished that Cas could always be with him. He felt better knowing his angel was okay.

"Come on, you are tired. I know you need to go on a hunt tomorrow. You need to be all rested up for that." Castiel coaxed his boyfriend into laying back down after he had turned the light back off.

Dean smiled as he felt a pair of familiar lips kiss his forehead. He couldn't help but let out a small giggle; Castiel's scruff always tickled him.

"Thanks for coming, Cas. I know you're pretty busy." Dean said.

Castiel started playing absentmindedly with one of Dean's hands. He put it flat up against his own, comparing the size. "Interesting. You are taller, but I have bigger hands."

"You know what they say about guys with big hands, right?"

"No, what do they say?" Castiel looked at him curiously.

Dean chuckled slightly after Cas didn't get his joke. "Well... They say that guys with big hands need big gloves."

"Yes, of course they do." The angel nodded.

Dean laced their fingers together and yawned tiredly.

"Do you need my help going to sleep?" Castiel asked.

"No, I think I'm good." Dean buried his face in his boyfriend's chest.

"Goodnight, Dean Winchester." Castiel whispered as Dean drifted off into sleep.