Scrapbook

"Really, Sam?" Dean stared at the tin cans attached to the bumper of his car.

Sam laughed. "Yeah. At least I didn't write 'just married' in the window."

"I would've been pissed if you did." Dean bent down, starting to untie the tin cans. "Seriously, who the hell actually does this? People only do this in cartoons as a joke."

Castiel furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused as to why someone would want to tie tin cans to a car.

"Just think of it this way. It's my wedding present to you." Sam laughed.

"Yeah, well, it's a shitty present. Thanks for nothing."

"I have my actual present here." He held up a flat rectangular object that was wrapped in white wrapping paper. Sam handed it to Dean, and he started pulling at the black ribbon. "Wait! Don't look at it until you're alone at the hotel with Cas."

Dean raised an eyebrow. "Is it.... porn or something?"

The younger Winchester laughed. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. It's something more personal that I made myself."

Dean looked at him skeptically, glancing over at his husband to see if he had anything to say.

"Thank you, Sam. I'm sure it is something you made with love." He smiled.

"Wow, that wasn't a chick flick moment at all." Dean commented.

"Dean..... You're married. That's like the biggest chick flick moment of them all, besides having kids." Sam chuckled. "But seriously. Congrats again." He smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. We're leaving. We'll be back in two weeks. Try not to burn the bunker down while we're gone." He grabbed the pocket knife he had in his pocket, cutting off all the stupid tin cans attached to the bumper of his car.

***

"I'm sorry that we didn't really go anywhere nice for our honeymoon." Dean apologized, setting some of their bags down in the hotel room.

"We're at the beach. That seems nice to me."
Castiel replied, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, but it's just some stupid lake resort in the middle of Kansas. It's not like we're on a beach in California." He said, sitting down next to him.

"I don't mind it." He smiled. "As long as I'm with you, I don't mind where we go."

Dean returned the smile, leaning over and kissing his husband's cheek. "We should open that present Sam gave us." He stood up, grabbing it from the desk he had set it on. He sat back down next to Cas, pulling off the black ribbon tied in a bow. He ripped open the wrapping paper.

Inside was a scrapbook.

"Huh? A scrapbook?" Dean looked down at it. He didn't know his brother was into this stuff. "When did he even make this?"

"Maybe he put a date on it." Cas suggested, opening the cover.

On the first page was a message written in Sam's neat handwriting.

Dear Dean and Cas,

I made this book for you as a wedding present. Congratulations on getting married. About time, too.

I made this because I know that there will always be rough times, and maybe this book will be the light in times of darkness. I want it to bring a smile to your face whenever you go through it. I want you to relive the memories of when these photographs were taken.