Biscuits

Prompt: we're at the supermarket and our favourite brand of biscuits or cereal has been discontinued so we're reminiscing about it over the last box

~~~~~

Dean was shopping at his local supermarket. He desperately needed to go grocery shopping. Him and Sam had been living off of booze and microwave meals the past couple of days, and Sam was tired of it.

"Come on, Dean. Get your lazy ass off the couch and stop watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians. We need food." Sam had said after he closed the door to the fridge.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine. I've got all I need." He held up the beer bottle he was drinking. "Plus, it's just getting to the good part. Kim can't stop taking pictures of herself while her sister goes to jail."

Sam rolled his eyes. "Come on, Dean. I'm starving. Plus, I can't exactly go to the store myself." He gestured at his leg, which was in a cast. He had broken it during the last hunt they were on. Some psycho vampire bitch had tossed him around like he was made of putty.

"Fine," Dean grumbled. "But you gotta write me a list so I know what to get. You're usually the one that goes shopping."

Dean played back their conversation as he made his way down one of the aisles. At least Dean could get the right biscuit mix this time. Sam had screwed it up and gotten the one in the red box.

"You were supposed to get the one in the blue box! I ain't eating this shit!" Dean exclaimed as he tossed the box back on the table.

"Does it matter?!"

"Yes!" Dean shouted in response.

Dean frowned at the memory as he strolled down the aisle. He stopped as he saw one lone blue box left on the shelf. He reached for it, but another hand brushed his.

"Oh, sorry. You can have the mix. I can just go to another store and get it there." The man said shyly.

"Alright, thanks man." Dean grabbed it and tossed it in the shopping cart.

"That brand was discontinued. The company that makes it went bankrupt." A store employee who was restocking the shelves said, a couple feet away.

"Really?" Dean sighed.

"Yeah. Sorry dude. I heard the one in the red box was pretty good though." The employee shrugged and continued to put more products back on the shelf.

"Ugh, I can't believe that guy thinks that the red box is just as good as the blue box." Dean whispered in disgust to the other man.

"I understand! My brother accidentally grabbed the red box one day and I refused to eat the biscuits."

"Really? That happened with me and my brother too!"

"Yes, really." The man nodded. "Well, enjoy eating the biscuits." The man smiled politely before turning around and starting to walk away.

Dean stood there guiltily for a second before making up his mind. "Hey, wait."

"Yes?" The man turned around, and Dean instantly got lost in the guy's blue eyes. How had he not noticed them before?

"I, uhh....." Dean said stupidly, before snapping out of it. "Do you wanna come over for dinner? So we can both have the last of the biscuits?"

"Sure." The man smiled, and the lines by his eyes crinkled. "Where do you live?"

Dean rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Why was he so nervous around this guy? He only just met him, not even two minutes ago! "Well, I live outside of town. The place is pretty hard to find. Why don't you just follow me in your car after you're done shopping?"

"Sounds like a plan. I'm Castiel, by the way." Castiel stuck out his hand.

"I'm Dean. Interesting name you got there. Isn't that the name of an angel?" Dean shook his hand.

"Yes. You could say my family is very religious." Castiel suddenly looked nervous, shuffling his feet.

"Well Cas, why don't you finish up your shopping so we can have dinner?"

Castiel blushed slightly at the new nickname. "Okay."

~~~~~

Okay, so, when I first wrote this, I was planning on it being an au where Dean and Sam weren't hunters, but I couldn't come up with a good enough reason of why Sam had broken his leg. Anyway, Cas is an angel in this one. And yeah, I know angels don't need to eat, but oh well!