Cat

Prompt: cas gets turned into a cat by gabriel

(forgot who suggested this one and I'm too lazy to go back and look)

~~~~~

"Hey Cas! We're back from the hunt!" Dean shouted as they entered the bunker.

Dean didn't get a response. Usually, the angel would come running and give Dean a giant hug, telling him how much he missed him. For a moment, Dean thought something might've happened to him. But then he realized he was an angel who had powers, and was capable of fighting. Cas had probably fallen asleep or something.

Dean tossed his duffle bag on one of the tables in the library, wanting to deal with it later. He headed to the kitchen to grab some grub.

"Um, Dean?" Sam called from another room.

"What?" He responded, closing the fridge he had just opened.

"Come here."

Dean walked from the kitchen, following Sam's voice. He was stood in the hallway in front of his bedroom, looking at something on the floor.

The shorter Winchester couldn't see what he was looking at, since he was tall and blocking the way. "I can't see, you giant moose." Sam made a face at Dean for the nickname, stepping aside.

On the floor was a small cat, licking its paw. It had white fur with black ears and weirdly familiar blue eyes. When the cat saw Dean, it stood up and walked over, purring loudly. It rubbed itself on his legs, getting a bunch of cat hair on Dean's jeans.

"Is this yours? You know I'm allergic to them." Dean asked, glancing up at Sam. Weirdly enough, he hadn't sneezed once. Usually whenever he was within a close proximity of a cat, he started sneezing. But he hadn't, which Dean found odd.

"No, I know you're allergic." Sam shook his head, just as confused. "Maybe Cas let it in while we were out? You know how he feels about strays." If Castiel had let the cat in, it wouldn't have been the first time he had let a stray animal in. One time he had let in a skunk in, claiming it was a lost cat. That hadn't worked out well for anyone.

"Maybe." Dean murmured, looking down at the cat in disgust.

"That's pretty much the opposite of what happened." A voice said from behind them.

Sam and Dean both whipped their heads around, not having heard anyone walk up behind them.

Gabriel was standing there, arms crossed with an amused smirk on his face. "He was annoying me, so I turned him into a cat."

"Oh, you son of a bitch-" Dean lunged out for the trickster like he was going to strangle him. Sam restrained him, pulling him away from Gabriel.

"Calm down, Dean. It'll wear off in a couple of days." Gabriel rolled his eyes.

Dean struggled against Sam, who was still restraining him. "Sammy, tell your boyfriend to change him back!"

"He's not going to." Sam said, letting go of Dean once he had calmed down.

"Samsquatch is right." Gabriel gave a small shrug. "Hey, I'm doing you a favor. You're allergic to cats, so I'm giving you the opportunity to play with one while you're not sneezing."

"Whatever." Dean huffed, turning back around. He squatted down and picked up Castiel, holding him in his arms. Cas nuzzled his nose against the hunter's forearm.

Dean walked past Gabriel and into his bedroom, glaring at him as he did so.

***

Dean had set Castiel down on his bed. He was sitting on the floor, so that he was eye level with the cat. "So Gabe turned you into a cat, huh?"

Castiel flicked his tail in response, and Dean took it as a yes. "Well, I guess we'll just have to wait it out."

He reached out and started petting Cas, who purred in response. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

The cat gave a slight nod, ducking its head. "Let's get you some food, then." He stood back up. Castiel hopped off the bed, following Dean over to the door. He opened it, and they both headed to the kitchen.

Cas jumped up onto Dean's shoulder, wrapping his body around his neck so he wouldn't fall off. The hunter opened the fridge, his hand hovering over different items in the fridge. Castiel hissed every time it was something he didn't want (which was everything, except for some salmon).

"You want me to grill you some salmon?" Dean asked, glancing at the cat wrapped around his shoulder. The cat nuzzled into his neck, the wet nose tickling his skin. He took that as a yes, and took the salmon out of the fridge.

Dean seasoned it, since he was also making some for himself. He set it on a plate, and walked outside to the grill. He turned it on and waited for a moment for it to get going, before he set the fish on the grill, closing the lid.

"You know, we're probably going to have to go into town and get some cat food for you. I'm sure as hell not going to cook you a salmon every time you're hungry." He spoke. Cas reached out with his paw, covering Dean's mouth. "What, you don't want cat food?"

The cat hissed, and Dean let out a small laugh. "Fine. You're lucky I love you so much." Castiel purred affectionately, moving his paw.

Eventually, the fish was done cooking. He brought the fish inside, and set it down at the table. Cas hopped off his shoulder as he sat down, sitting on the table next to the plate.

Dean would eat a few pieces, then would feed some to Cas. They kept at this routine until the cat finally laid down, full from eating.

"There. Better?" He set the dishes in the sink. "I'm gonna watch some football, if you wanna come." Dean walked into the other room, grabbing the remote and flopping down on the couch. Castiel leaped up onto Dean's chest, stretching out as he turned on the tv to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play.

Sam walked into the room a few hours later, seeing Dean passed out on the couch. Cas was asleep on his chest, curled up in a small ball. Dean had an arm hugging Castiel to his chest, and Sam couldn't help but smile at the sight. "Cat-stiel." He giggled quietly to himself as he turned and walked out of the room.

~~~~~

After having a really shitty weekend, I needed something cute and fluffy to make me feel better. It sort of worked.

Anyway, I'm still taking prompts and requests!