Coming Out (Part 2)

Warning: Possible triggers for domestic abuse.

~~~~~

"Hey dad. Um, I have something really important to tell you." Dean sat down on the couch, letting out a nervous sigh.

"What?" John sat down in a nearby chair, glass of whiskey in hand.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Wanting to stall for as long as he could, Dean stood up and mumbled, "I'll get it."

He walked over to the door and opened it. "Dammit, Cas. What did I say?" He pinched the bridge of his nose when he saw his best friend standing there in his trench coat.

"Look, Dean. I know what you said, but I think this might go over better if I was there with you." Castiel said.

Dean let out another sigh, thinking for a minute. On one hand, Cas was right. His dad might go easier on him if there was someone else who wasn't Sam in the room. But on the other hand, Cas might be witness to Dean getting yelled at.

"Please, Dean." He gave him the puppy dog eyes. "I came all the way over here. It would be a waste if you made me leave."

Dean huffed, crossing his arms. "Okay, fine. You can stay."

Castiel smiled, glad that Dean had come to his senses. Dean closed the door behind Cas as he stepped into the small house. The taller boy led the way to the living room. They both sat down on the couch.

"Dad...." He started to say, but trailed off. Why did this have to be so hard so say? He glanced over at Cas, who gave a reassuring a smile. "....I like girls. And guys."

"And this is your boyfriend?" He guessed, raising an eyebrow.

"No." Dean shook his head. "He's my best friend." He corrected.

"I see."

Dean let out a small breath he hadn't realized he was holding. Was his dad actually going to be okay with him being bisexual?

"I'm sorry..... Casper, was it?" John forgot Cas' name. "I know you just got here, but I think maybe it'd be best if you leave. Dean here has a lot of homework to do tonight, don't you?" He looked at Dean, silently telling him to play along.

"Oh, umm.... yeah. Sorry, Cas." He swallowed, knowing what was coming.

"It's alright, Dean." Castiel stood up. "Goodnight, Mr. Winchester."

"I'll walk him to the door." Dean said, quickly standing up and leading his best friend to the door. "Night, Cas. I'll see you tomorrow at school, I guess."

"See you tomorrow." Cas smiled, walking out the door. He stopped, and turned around. "See? It wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be."

Dean didn't respond. He knew his dad was furious, and that he would probably get beat for it.

"Well... Anyway. Goodnight, Dean." He waved, starting to walk towards his car. Dean closed the door, and locked it.

Cas fumbled with his keys, and accidentally dropped this. He picked them up, and stood back up. He looked up into the dimly lit window of Dean's house, and his eyes widened at the sight. John had thrown the glass of whiskey he had in his hand at Dean, who barely managed to move out of the way.

~~~~~

Alright, I'm still taking requests for this! If you have a prompt or request you'd like me to write, then send it in!