Holidays

Castiel had done some pretty extensive research on all of the holidays humans celebrate. But one stood out to him, and that was Christmas. He didn't quite understand the whole holiday thing still, but wanted to make sure the Winchesters weren't left out.

So, he busied himself. He figured out that humans left out milk and cookies for this mysterious 'Santa' person, and decided he should make some cookies.

Cas went online and found a simple recipe for sugar cookies. He also found a playlist with some Christmas music and decided to play it. He turned the volume up on the laptop he borrowed from Sam, starting to mix together the batter for the cookies.

Dean woke up around midday. He and Cas had stayed up late doing.... other activities. It had worn him out, causing him to sleep in longer than normal.

He rolled out of bed, slipping on his gray robe and walking into the hallway. He could hear the faint notes of Christmas music playing in the distance, and Dean furrowed his eyebrows. He had always hated Christmas music. But ever since the time him and Sam had almost been sacrificed by some pagan gods during Christmas time, it pushed his buttons even more. He hated hearing it.

Dean shuffled into the kitchen, immediately muting the music. Cas frowned, looking up at him. He was currently icing the sugar cookies. "What was that for?"

"I hate Christmas music." He grumbled, making his way over to the coffee machine and turning it on.

"Why is that?" The angel set down the tube of icing.

"Bad memories." Dean answered simply, leaning against the counter as he waited for his coffee to percolate.

Cas stared at him for a minute. "Well, we'll have to change that. I went out this morning and rented some Christmas movies. I'm making some cookies too. Maybe that'll get you to enjoy Christmas more?" He moved so that he was standing in front of Dean.

The taller man let out a small snort. "Yeah. Like that'll happen."

"I'm determined to make you like some part of the holidays." He leaned in, planting a chaste kiss to his lips.

"We'll see about that." Dean replied, savoring the kiss for a minute. The coffee machine beeped, signaling his coffee was done brewing. He turned around, grabbing the mug and taking a long sip from it. "We'll see." He mumbled before leaving the kitchen to get ready for the day.

***

"I don't understand. How can a mother forget about her child twice?" Castiel asked, watching as Kevin checked into the fancy hotel.

Dean shrugged. "I dunno, Cas. I think it's just for the movie." He held the angel closer in his arms as they snuggled on the couch, watching some Christmas movies. They had started marathoning them after Sam had left to go on a date with Gabriel.

"That is not very responsible of her." He commented. He fell silent again as he watched the movie.

He couldn't help but chuckle. His boyfriend's commentary was sometimes funny to listen to. He still didn't quite understand pop culture. "You're too precious." Dean murmured, pressing a kiss to the top of Cas' head.

Cas smiled, pulling the blanket tighter around them.

~~~~~

Hey everyone! Happy holidays!

I just thought I'd let you know that I just started a new cockles fan fic. It would be awesome if you could go and check it out!

I'm also working on a Harry Potter au one shot right now. Stay tuned for that! ;)