Professor

Prompt: based on the fact that dean looks like a college professor in the above pic. also based on a conversation i had with sarcastxcangel about said picture

~~~~~

"Okay, okay. Get back to work, everybody." Professor Winchester said, trying to calm his class down. They had been laughing at a poor secretary lady who had walked into the room to deliver a message to Dean.

The thing is, the rest of the professors and administrators at the university Dean taught at were all intimidated by Dean. Not because he was scary, but because of his good looks.

In fact, everyone at the school was. Not just the staff members, but the students themselves. Particularly one student, Castiel Novak.

Whenever they had time to do some of their work in class, Castiel could always feel Dean's eyes on him.

And quite a few times, he would glance up, and Dean would wink at him. Other times he would see his professor quickly look down at the stack of papers in front of him.

Papers.

Every time Castiel would turn in a paper, he'd get it back, along with everyone else, several days later. Along with the letter grade Castiel had received, there was always a flirty remark scrawled next to it in the red pen that Professor Winchester graded papers in.

A+. Nice job, babe!

A-. Better luck next time baby! Sorry!

A+. I knew you could do it, Cassy!

Every time Castiel received his essay back, Dean made sure to keep an eye on him to watch his reaction. He always thought it was cute. Castiel would start blushing. Then, he'd quickly turn the paper over to the blank side, looking around to see if anyone had read the teacher's comment. And finally, the teacher and his student would make eye contact. Dean would give an amused smirk, watching as Castiel quickly turned back around.

***

Castiel had missed clas for three days straight. Not that he wanted to, of course. But there had been a small family emergency. His brother Lucifer had had another tantrum, running away from home. It wasn't a rare occurrence, but it didn't happen regularly.

Castiel's father, Chuck, had enlisted the help of Castiel and his siblings to help look for their missing brother.

They had finally found him after searching for several days, and Castiel was glad to return to his classes. He knew there was going to be a lot of make up work he was going to have to do.

"Mr. Novak, please stay after class." Dean announced as the class started to pack up their belongings for the day.

Castiel waited around until the classroom had emptied before walking up to Dean's desk. "What is it, Professor?"

"I've noticed you've been gone the past couple of days. Is everything alright?" He asked, looking concerned.

"Oh. Yes. I just had a bit of a family emergency. Speaking of which, I was wondering if you had the work that I missed while I was gone." Castiel explained, biting his lip. He was hoping that he hadn't missed too much.

Fuck, he looks so good biting his lip, Dean thought.

"Professor?" Castiel's gravely voice pulled him out of his thoughts.