Patience

EDIT: guys i'm so sorry that this one shot is trash i promise they will get better okay i'm sorry that i started the book off with such a bad one shot

also, just a warning, but the first ten or so one shots are also pretty trashy since they were my first time writing destiel. so if you would like to just skip those, then start around the chapter titled 'caught'. that's when they start to get better.

~~~~~

Dean was always an impatient person. Whether it be Sam taking too long to interrogate someone, the fast food person taking too long to make his food, or being stuck behind shitty drivers on the highway.

But with Castiel, it was different.

Dean always took the time to explain things to Castiel. Being an angel, he didn't understand quite a few things humans do.

***

"Can you pass me the wrench?" Dean asked as he worked under the hood of the Impala.

"Yes." Castiel dug around in Dean's toolbox and handed him a hammer.

"This is a hammer, Cas." Dean chuckled.

"Oh." Castiel said blankly. He put the hammer back in the toolbox and picked up a screwdriver. "Here you go."

"That's a screwdriver, buddy."

"What does a wrench look like, then?" The angel tilted his head slightly at Dean.

"It's this thing." Dean pulled the wrench out. "A wrench is a tool that's used to provide grip and mechanical advantage in applying torque to turn objects-usually rotary fasteners, such as nuts and bolts-or keep them from turning."

"I see." Castiel nodded, even though it was fairly obvious that he didn't actually know what Dean was talking about.

***

"Dean, I have a question. You never did tell me why the pizza man slaps the rear of the babysitter. She did not do anything wrong, so why was he hitting her?" Castiel asked from behind Dean.

Dean jumped slightly in his chair. "Damn it, Cas. What did I say about mojoing in without any warning?"

"I apologize." The shorter man said.

"It's fine.... So, why the sudden interest in porn again?" Dean looked slightly awkward.

Castiel sat down across from Dean. "I have been pondering it for a while now. I have not been able to figure it out."

"And you want me to tell you why."

"That is correct."

"Well," Dean leaned back in his chair, scratching the back of his neck. "it's just a thing they do in porn, I guess."

"What do you mean?" Castiel tilted his head curiously.

Dean smiled sheepishly. "I dunno, Cas. I think they just get excited or something."

***

"Dean, why are there pictures in the windows of stores of a naked baby with a bow and arrow?" Castiel asked.

"It's for Valentine's Day. It's supposed to be Cupid." Dean replied, taking a drink of his coffee. "Supposedly the guy shoots two people with the bow and arrow. Those two people will fall in love."

"But that is not how Cupid makes people fall in love. He has to touch their hearts and-" Castiel started to say, before Dean cut him off.

"It's not real, Cas. It's just something people believe in. Like the Tooth Fairy."

"What is this 'Tooth Fairy' you speak of?"

The hunter laughed, but then saw Castiel's serious face. "Oh, you weren't joking. Well, basically, as a kid, your teeth fall out. You would put the tooth under your pillow and the Tooth Fairy would give you some money for the tooth." He explained.

Castiel frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "What would this 'Tooth Fairy' do with so many teeth? Perhaps he is the person that is making these things called dentures. Is he a tooth collector? Or is he some sort of psychotic dentist?"

Dean just smiled to himself as he read the comics in the morning newspaper.

~~~~~

I have been wanting to write some destiel one shots forever, but I'm only on season 2 of spn. But I was like, "screw it!" and then I wrote this.

So if I write Dean and Cas (and any other characters I end up using) and they don't seem like how they actually are in canon, I'm sorry.