Chapter 8: Closer You and I

Start from the beginning

"Oh!" Exclaimed Ino, enough for the other to hear. She hit her right closed fist over the palm of her left, the facial expression she had was a surprised one. "By the way, Shikamaru, I rented a room upstairs and I accidentally left my pouch there. It contains the money we all contributed for this little party. So... Can you get it for me?" The blonde smiled at him, both hands pleading in front of him. "Pretty please?"

He sighed. "Like I can say no to that..," the male stood from his place and began reaching for the purple pouch Ino was talking about.

As soon as her friend turned away, Ino glanced at Chouji as she did a thumbs up, winking at him.

Chouji returned the gesture.

The plan is working well.

---

Shikamaru turned the door knob open, surprisingly it wasn't locked. After he did, he stepped in. To his surprise, Temari was looking at him as she held the pouch he was also looking for. He was halted for a moment; he had no idea what to do. The teen thought things for a second before speaking to Temari to wipe off the awkward atmosphere he was having. "Ah, Temari? Why are you here?"

"Ino asked me to get this purple pouch for her," she said then lifted the object up so he could see it clearly. "How about you? Why are you here?"

"Well...," it took him a few seconds before replying. "She did ask me to get that pouch for her too."

"I see. How suspicious. Don't you think she's acting strange lately?" Asked Temari.

Ino, who was with Rock Lee and Tenten locking the door, overheard the conversation and shuddered. We better hurry, she told her two friends. The lock clicked, which would be the right time for Ino, Rock Lee and Tenten to leave before the two find out that they're trying to eavesdrop.

Shikamaru headed towards the knob once again, and tilted it open. To his surprise, it was locked. "Wai- it's locked..?"

"What's locked-"

"The door, Temari. We're locked in," said Shikamaru. The lad tried to slam his body against the door, at the same time, tilting the knob open, but it wasn't working. He began calling for help, but no one was coming. The male also noticed that the volume of the karaoke downstairs had gotten louder. Is this a plan again, Ino?

The female he's with let out a sigh, her right hand was on her waist, while the other was holding the pouch Ino claimed she needed. "I guess we'll be stuck in here until the party finishes."

"...Yeah," if this is Ino's plan... He sighed. I might as well make the use of it. But, man, no matter how I try, words just refuse to come out! The teen fixed himself, making an inner exhale. You can do this, Shikamaru. "Uh, Temari?"

"Yeah?"

"Uhh," he really had no idea how to start it. Shikamaru hadn't been engaged in things such as this, so it was normal for him to lack knowledge about it. "Well... We've been having times with each other lately, right? Don't you think-"

"Stop pushing!" Ino commanded.

"But I wanna hear it too!" Said Rock Lee.