Family Matters

July21 - Fake Relationship; Reginaand Robin pretend to be a couple for a purpose (e.g: family reunion, wedding,etc.).    

Family Matters

"So have you found a date to our dear mother's vow renewal yet, sis?"

Regina Mills rubbed her forehead. She should've just let it go to voicemail when she saw Zelena's number pop up. There was no way her sister was calling for just a friendly chat. It wasn't in Zelena's nature.

Taking a deep breath, Regina raised the phone back to her mouth. "I don't think I'm going to make it, Z. Things are crazy for me with Gold's re-election campaign. I don't think I can take a weekend off."

"You know Mother and Gold are close. I'm sure she can give him a call and get you some time off. Henry would love it."

"Henry is busy that weekend." Regina sighed. "Do we really want to celebrate their dysfunctional relationship? Mom just wanted his money and Leopold didn't want to be alone. They aren't exactly happy."

"Oh, Regina. Still clinging to that fanciful notion that marriage is about happiness. You sound like dear Mary Margaret."

"Don't mock our stepsister. She's not that bad," Regina said.

"You've always had a soft spot for her," Zelena said. "You two belong together though. Believing in true love."

"Just because you've never experienced it, Z, doesn't mean it's not real."

"Yet I'm married and you're not."

"I was married."

"Past tense. You're not in a relationship now." Zelena gasped. "That's the real reason why you're trying to weasel your way out of this. You don't have a date!"

"I do too have a date."

"Oh." Zelena sounded stunned. It wasn't often Regina was able to surprise her. "You do? What's his name?"

She took a deep breath. "Robin. We've known each other for a while but just started seeing each other"

"Well, then I can't wait to meet him. See you then, sis. Ta!" Zelena ended the call.

Regina closed her eyes as she let the phone fall onto the couch. She had always had a problem with her mouth working faster than her brain. When her mind had caught up with what she had said, at least it supplied her with the name of someone she trusted. Robin Locksley had been her friend for a long time and she loved spending time with him.

The door clicked open and she popped up. "Mom! I'm home," Henry called out.