Lost Souls

July 22 - Lost Together; Regina and Robin get lost. Where, how, why, it's up to you.

Lost Souls

"She's pregnant."

Robin's words echoed around Regina's head. The already small apartment seemed to get smaller and she found it difficult to breath. Clutching her stomach, she rushed into the hall and leaned against the hallway wall.

"Regina?" Emma's voice sounded distant even though Regina knew the woman was standing next to her. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head. "I need to get some air."

"Okay. We'll go downstairs for a bit and then come back up to figure out what to do next."

Emma stepped forward but Regina jumped back. She shook her head. "I need to be alone. Just...let me have that."

"But Regina..."

She hurried away from the apartment, away from Emma, away from Robin and away from her pregnant sister. Regina raced down the stairs and out of the door, letting the cold night air hit her. It felt refreshing and she took several gulps of it.

Her body wanted to keep moving and her feet took her away from the building. When she came to a red light, she turned the corner. If the light was green, she crossed the street. But Regina didn't register much else. Not with everything on her mind.

She had been too late. Zelena had managed to hurt Robin, though not in the way she had feared. Regina had had nightmares of her sister holding his heart or Roland's heart, threatening to crush it. What she had really done to him seemed so much worse. Making him believe his wife was alive, forcing him to agonize over honoring his marriage vows or following his heart, tricking him into leaving town and then doing god-knows-what to get him into bed...

No, she knew how Zelena got Robin into bed. She looked like Marian. He had believed she was Marian. And he moved on, making love to his wife. To the woman he thought was his true love.

Regina stopped, feeling sick to her stomach again. A tall black garbage can stood nearby and she leaned near it, taking deep breaths to keep everything down. She didn't need this now but her body betrayed her. She retched into the can as someone held her hair back until she was finished.

When she stopped, her hair fell back against her neck as a wet nap appeared in her line of sight. "I also have a mint if you want," a soft feminine voice said.

Regina turned around to find a rather beautiful blonde woman standing behind her, wrapped in a black coat. She smiled as Regina took the wet nap and then dug through for the mint. "I've learned to always have one on me. Especially once I learned morning sickness is a misnomer."