Chapter 12: Recovery

A/N: Okay, here it is chapter 12. Not much to say today. Pretty tired, here. So far, this summer hasn't been too thrilling... Don't know why I'm tired. Must be the weather. No sunshine in the aloha state lately. Lots of rain..... Anyways, enjoy. Vote/comment/fan/like/tweet/share.

***

Chapter 12: Recovery

COLTON’S POV

            She threw up about fifteen times just in that morning and she looked awful. I would never tell her that, of course. She’d kick my butt. I tried to get her to go to the hospital, but she wouldn’t go. I walked to the living room where she was supposed to be, but she wasn’t there.

            “Natalie?” I asked her. “Where’s Josie?”

            “The mall,” she replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. “Where else dumbo?” she told me seriously gesturing the bathroom.

            “Josie?” I asked knocking on the door. No reply. “Josie,” I said a bit more forcefully. I turned the doorknob, but it was locked. “Josephine,” I all but yelled this. Thoughts were racing through my mind. I was about to try the knob again when I heard a little “click” and the door opened. She stood before me and tears rolled down her face in silence. She smelled like her toothpaste and I knew she was sick again.

            Josie brushed past me and took the Ginger Ale out of my hand. “Thanks,” she muttered before starting up the steps.

            “Josie, let me take you to the hospital,” I begged her. Natalie came up beside me and put a hand on my shoulder.

            “Leave her alone, Colton. She’s sick and has lost everything she knows in a couple days,” Natalie told me like I didn’t know. I opened my mouth to speak, but she cut me a look. “Caleb, Jake, and I are going into town to pick up some things. Be kind to her,” she commanded walking away.

            Caleb and Jake were waiting at the door and they waved goodbye. I sighed, locked the door behind them, and walked upstairs to Josie’s room. I didn’t have to go far because she was sitting on the landing before the second set of stairs.

            “Oh, Josie,” I said and sat on the step.

            She looked up at me. “I can’t go any farther without getting sick,” Josie said.

            I stood up and sat next to her. “I’m going to carry you back downstairs. I still think we should go see a doctor, but if you don’t want to, we won’t.”

            She nodded her head in consent and I got in position to scoop her up. Once she was in my arms, I carried her and gently placed her on the couch. Josie hadn’t opened the Ginger Ale and she set it on the floor. “Not thirsty,” Josie said at my expression.

            I sighed and kneeled next to her. “It’ll make you feel better,” I tried.

            Josie just gave me a look and rolled over. I sighed again and got up. “You sigh a lot,” she almost whispered. I turned and smiled at her about to say something, but she was already fast asleep.

JOSIE’S POV

            I woke up and it was dark. I had no idea where I was. I didn’t think I was on the couch, but it couldn’t be my bed. I looked around, but didn’t recognize anything. Sighing, I tried to sit up. No luck. The room began to spin, and I shouldn’t push it. I closed my eyes, but heard a door open. My eyelids flipped open and I rolled towards the direction of the door.