Chapter 5: Decisions, Decisions

Author's Note: Okay, if this is short for you, sorry.. I'll upload again on the 10th which is Tuesday. I'm uploading every 3 days. Thanks for reading. Comment, vote, fan. All that jazz.

Chapter 5: Decisions, Decisions

TYLER’S POV

The paramedics looked at her hand while I filled her uncle in on what she told me. She kept wincing as the paramedics examined her hand. I smiled. She may act all tough, but she wasn’t. Sheriff made a call to my boss and walked back over.

“She’s going into WPP whether she likes it or not,” he told me jarring me into reality.

“Witness Protection? Sounds good. Who is going to be her protector?” I asked.

“There’s going to be four,” he told me.

“Four? That’s dangerous,” I said thinking of all the leaks that have happened in the past.

“That’s why it will be with really good agents,” he said.

“One of them is me, isn’t it?” I asked with a sigh. He smiled and was about to reply when Jaycee yelled. We both turned around and I put my hand on my weapon. Duke, Westin, and Lily ran out holding their weapons.

Jaycee kicked one of the paramedics in the happy place, hopped down from the ambulance, and screamed a string of profanities in the other paramedic’s face. I sighed. It was going to be hard protecting her if she acted like this. Lily, Duke, and Westin all put their guns back on their hips and went inside. Duke was shaking his head and Westin was laughing.

The paramedics grabbed her arms and tried to force her back into the ambulance.

“Ma’am! We will strap you down to the stretcher if you do not stop these hysterics!”

Jaycee paused. “’Ma’am?!’ ‘Ma’am?!’ Did he just call me ‘ma’am’?!” she yelled.

I muttered a few profanities myself and walked over. “Take your hands off of her, fix her hand, and quit upsetting her, or you’ll deal with the whole Malibu Police Force, as well as four FBI. Do your job.”

“Thanks,” she said to me. I figured I might as well get on her good side if I’m going to be one of the agents on her protection detail. The paramedics looked at me and I glared at them.

“She broke two fingers,” one said dumbly.

“I know that!” I nearly shouted throwing my hands in the air.

“She needs to get x-rayed and have a cast put on,” the other one explained.

“Oh. Hey, Sheriff!” I called towards her uncle.

“Yes?” he asked looking tired. This must be a bad day for him. I almost felt sorry for him. Scratch that, I did feel sorry for him.

“She needs x-rays and a cast,” I told him.

He sighed. “Alright. Can you go with her?”

“Sure,” I replied.

“Tell them to charge me for it,” he told me before walking away.

I looked at Jaycee and she had a pained look on her face. I knew it wasn’t about her hand. They had just brought her mother and her friend out.

“I wonder where James is,” she said to herself. I sighed in a defeated way and I climbed into the ambulance with one of the paramedics.

“What?” she asked with a worried look. I smiled to see that she actually cared.

“Nothing,” I replied not wanting to worry her. Ignorance is bliss.