Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Okay, so this is a new story I am working on. I have it done up until the sixteenth chapter. Halfway there! This is the first book of the series. Yep, series. Anyways, I am not putting up a cast, yet. I will when I upload chapter seven. Hope you enjoy! It took me a while on this. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Whether it is good or bad. I'll post chapter 1 right after I post the prologue.

 Keakealani deserves dedication not to just this chapter, but to this ENTIRE story. I mean it! She's amazing. She read the story for me first before I decided to upload. Oh yeah, check out her story "Breath of You." she only has chapter 1 up but its really good!!

Oh, and for those of you who think this is confusing, well, it will get clear as to who Josephine and Colton are. This is just a prologue. It's only leading you into the wonderful (well, wonderful to me) story that is ahead. 

Thanks,

xx, secretwriter08 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue 

JOSEPHINE’S POV

            I was running. I didn’t know where I was. I could only hear Colton yelling for me to run faster. I could hear the men chasing us. But I couldn’t feel anything. I was numb. There were sirens. I was getting closer to them, but they wouldn’t be able to help me. No one could. This ends today. They die or I die.

            I was panting when I finally stopped. A black SUV had gotten in front of me. A man rolled down the window. He wasn’t armed, but he was surely dangerous. Colton crashed into me. He wasn’t watching.

            “What the hell?” he said right before I heard the gunshots. Colton grunted. He grabbed me and pulled me down with him. He was sheltering me. Colton practically was lying on top of me and the look he gave me kept me quiet.

            I closed my eyes and held my breath. I could feel blood on me. Whether or not it was mine, I don’t know. Colton’s breath was shallow. His heart was slowing down in the beating. The men were gone. I knew that. I opened my eyes and looked into his green/grey eyes.

            “Josie,” he whispered before he closed his eyes and rolled off me. I understood now. The blood covering me wasn’t mine. He took those three bullets for me. Colton was dying for me. I sat up in a daze and put my hand to the wounds. He wasn’t going to die now. Not now. Not when I needed him most.

            “Colton,” I said before hitting him across the face. He opened his eyes.

            “I’m trying to die in peace, woman!” he scolded.

            I smiled and grabbed his hand. “Too bad. You aren’t dying,” I told him. “Not today, Colton, not today.”