Chapter 1: Stressed

Ahh, I uploaded the prologue already, but I thought "what the heck?! I'll upload the first chapter too!" Thanks for reading.

Thanks to Dream31on for the FABULOUS cover! :D 

xx, secretwriter08

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------JAYCEE’S POV

            “Babe!” David shouted at me.  He was walking towards me looking hotter than ever in his football jersey and jeans.  Everyone was wishing him good-luck in the game today.  David Britton was quarterback and number one on the team.  No, seriously, his jersey number was one! I grinned at him as he pulled me into a hug.  I gagged a bit at the amount of Axe he had on.

            “Hey, D,” I said into his ear making him chuckle.  “I missed you last night. You never came over.” I frowned pulling away.

            “Sorry, baby girl. I got caught up in practice,” David said.

            “It’s alright,” I told him.  It wasn’t all right though.  I waited for a few hours before I fell asleep on the couch.  My brother had to carry me to my room.  I knew that he was caught up at practice because my brother wasn’t home until he woke me up and carried me to my room.

            “Jay!” screamed my best friend, Courtney. 

            I turned around to see a short, blonde girl running towards me as fast as her Louboutins, six-inch heels could take her.  I waved and walked to meet her halfway.  We were dressed almost identical wearing skinny jeans and Letter Men jackets.  Our boyfriends’ jackets, of course. We looked almost identical, too, but I was brunette.  I gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

            “How was your trip?” I asked her.  She had recently gone to the Bahamas with her parents as her birthday present.  Court had asked if I wanted to go, but I needed to stay at school and do my work.  I desperately needed to keep my grades up.  Next year, we’d be seniors! 

            “F-A-B-U-LOUS!” Courtney sung, giving up on spelling the word halfway through. 

            “I’m assuming there was a boy?” I said with a smile.  Even though Courtney had a boyfriend, she was boy-crazy!

            “Yep! Really hot lifeguard!” I smiled at this. I’m a lifeguard. We are known to be hot.

            “Hey, Courtney,” David said as he walked up and put his arm around me.

            “Hey, D! Good-luck to you and Brian on the game. I have to leave to go somewhere now. I just wanted to drop-in and say ‘hello,’” Courtney rambled as she started to walk away. I smiled and rolled my eyes.  Typical Courtney.  She couldn’t even spend a minute to go say hi to her boyfriend, Brian.  I waved good-bye as she climbed into her Mercedes Benz convertible and sped out of the school parking lot.

            I wiggled out of David’s grasp, gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and scurried off to class when the bell rang. I was a serious student, while David liked to slack off.  I made it to class right before my advisor started calling attendance. 

            The rest of the day passed by in a blur.  Everyone was excited for the game tonight and started getting rowdy.  I kissed David quickly before leaving in my Audi to go home and get dressed. 

            When I got home, my mom had left a note on the fridge.  I sighed as I read it.

      Jaycee,