"I'm sorry you'll never get to meet your Grandpa, he was the best man I know besides your father." I whisper, my voice trembling.

I stop talking and focus on pushing everything away, like I did before when the farm was over run. I pushed away my feelings of grief and sadness and focused on finding Belle and Daryl, like I will now. They are the only thing I need to focus on, finding my family. I lean back against the tree and close my eyes, trying to get some rest. However, just like everything else today, it doesn't go my way. Instead I lie in the tree and cry until there's no tears left. Only then do I fall into a nightmare filled sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk along the empty road, my stomach growling as I go. It's been three days since the prison fell and I haven't found any sign of anyone. I have no idea where I am, the only indication are random street signs and speed signs. I'm wobbling on my feet, barely having enough sleep over these last few days. The only things I've been able to find is a full two litre bottle of water in an abandoned car, along with a hoodie. A cold front has come in the last few days and it's become freezing to say the least.

It's been a long three days, me left with nothing but my thoughts. Every now and then the baby moves or kicks and it's those moments I long for because it's a distraction. A distraction from the nightmare both of us are currently stuck in. The woods are large and intimidating on either side of the road and I try my best to ignore them, though they're always there.

My knife has been my trusty weapon of choice, leaving my gun as a last resort. Every now and then a few walkers stumble my way but I take them down. A couple of times have been a close call due to my exhaustion but I've done it, kept us both safe. I look up ahead, not really paying attention until a little sign pops up in my view. I walk forward until I'm close enough to read it properly.

"Grey-town 2 miles".

I look at it excitedly and realise there might be supplies there, food, water, maps. For the first time in three days I have hope. I rush towards the town, getting there within an hour's walk. The town is small, really small. Though I've passed a lot of houses, the central business district consists of a small square. I look up ahead and see an op shop and food donation bank, I smile excited and I make my way towards it, my stomach growling loudly in the silent air.

I bang on the window with my fist and wait, keeping my eyes peeled around me. There's a slamming in the window and I gasp and turn around startled. Three or so walkers bang against the glass, effectively stopping me from entering. I think about taking them on but I realise I'm too weak at the moment. I sigh frustrated and turn away from the store, looking for somewhere else. I grip my gun tightly in my hand and look for something else.

I sway on me feet as I look, the sun really beating down on me. I sway again on my feet and I lean against a store front window, trying to catch my breath. I sink down the ground and lean against the window, all of a sudden parched. I grab for my bottle and I realise it's empty and I toss the bottle away angrily. I fight to keep my eyes open but I can't and I collapse onto the pavement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel the softness of the surface underneath my back as I slowly become conscious, making me realise I'm not where I was passed out before. The room is colder, a more inviting temperature than the blistering heat outside. I open my eyes and look up at the light blue ceiling and it takes me a moment to adjust to my surroundings. I look around and realise I'm in an office of some kind.