Chapter Fifty-One

When Mum drops by the house to check in on me, she finds the dress. Luckily she didn't find the note, but she did take the dress back to work.

I grunt and lay on the couch. Mum just took the dress Sam brought me!!!! Dean come in with jingling jeys and says, "Let's go shopping."

I sit up and frown at my depression councillor. "What?" Dean crosses his arms. "Let's go shopping. Your Mum took your dress, so I'm guessing you need a new one."

Dean looks at me. I nod and pull my boots on.

When we get to the shopping centre, Dean leaves me to go into the dress store. I look around for a while until eventually I find one.

It's a white dress that has pink, ember-like spots on it. I smile and walk up to the counter.

That night, I change into my dress and put my white masquerade mask on. Then I curl my hair and let it fall onto my shoulders.

Dean lets me out and I go to the hall. When I walk in, music is playing loudly and people are everywhere.

I stand at the top of the stairs and look around. People look at me with a shocked look on their faces.

They don't know who I am.

I walk down the stairs and push my way through the dancing people. "Who is that?" people whisper. "I don't know, but she's cute." friends whisper back.

They think I look good?! I stand at the edge of the dance floor and look around.

Suddenly someone comes along and sweeps me onto the floor, pulling their body close to mine. Them eyes...Their really familar. The mystery boy leans forward and whispers in my ear.

"You look good." Chandler's voice floods my ear.