Chapter Three

When school ends, we all walk to Chandler's house. It isn't that far, so we get there quickly. When we get into the house, Grayson and Gina are there.

"Hi, Gina. Grayson." I say. The boys go up to Chandler's room to play video games probably!

I softly laugh and sit at the kitchen bench where Gina's cooking dinner. "So how was school, darling?" She asks.

"Great! I have a tonne of homework. But on Saturday, Chandler, Sam and I are going to Britt O'Niel's sweet 16."

Gina puts carrots into a pot and rests her hands on the bench. "O'Niel huh? That family's a hand full. Didn't know you three were friends with her."

I shake my head. "Were not! I'm not even sure why she invited us." Gina continues cooking dinner.

"I am going to go up stairs and see what the boys are doing. Nice talking to you, Gina!"

When I get up stairs, I see that Chandler and Sam are playing HALO. I groan and say, "Are you to seriously ever going to play a different game?"

Their eyes don't leave the screen but Sam replies. "No! We need to finish HALO!" I roll my eyes.

My phone rings, so I pick it up. It's my friend Lila. "Hello?" I say. "Hi Jess! Are you busy? Like right now?" She asks.

"Umm. Well right now I'm at Chandler's house, but what do you mean?" Sam and Chandler pause their game, turning around to face me.

I quickly push the speaker button so they can hear. "You know Britt O'Niel's birthday on Saturday? Well I was going to go get dresses! Want to come?"

I raise my eyebrows, silently asking Chandler & Sam if I can go. They nod. "Okay! I'll be at yours in five." I end the call and collapse on Chandler's bed.

"Dresses? I'd prefer to wear a rag!" the boys laugh. I sit up and grab all my stuff. "Ok, bye. I'll be back in a couple of hours."

I say bye to Gina and Grayson and eventually make it out the door.

| Okay, so if you were confused on the whole thing with the rag and dresses thing in this chapter, it's basically because the main character's a tomboy! if you were wondering |