Chapter Five

That night I just hung out with Sam and Chandler. All we did was play video games. I went home after that.

For dinner, Mum cooked steak and salad. "So," says Mum over dinner. "Gina told me you were going to Britt O'Niel's sweet 16 birthday." I nod.

"When is it?" Mum asks. "Two days. On saturday." I inform her. "I'm susprised that her Mum and Dad let her have crazy parties like that. Her Dad is in the political system."

Her eyes downcast at the word, Dad. Our Dad died three years ago of of cancer. It's just Mum and I now.

"It's okay Mum." I pat her hand. She stands up and walks into her bedroom. I finish off dinner and clean up. Poor Mum's had it hard lately.

She recently got fired because she didn't do what the bloody boss wanted and she's been having money trouble. I try to help but when I think I've gotten us somewhere, the rug is pulled out from under us and we both fall on our asses.

I go upstairs to my room. My room is painted green with a white wardrobe, king double bed and a bookshelf. I like reading so it's filled.

My wardrobe is full of missmatched clothes and shoes. My dress hangs up on the first rack. I don't usually like dresses, but I love this one.

I lie down on my bed and think about what Lila said earlier. Sam or Chandler? I don't know....I love both of them in a friend way and to think more than that makes my brain bleed.

But lately I've been thinking, do I actually have a crush on them? I keep telling myself that this isn't the case but for some weird reason, my brain says I do.

Chandler with his soft hair and eyes you can get lost into. Sam and his goofy smile and hilarious jokes.

I sit up and pick my phone off my bedside table my hand hovers over Chandler in my contacts.

Then I press it.

| Anyone who hasn't heard of it yet, listen to Greek Tragedy by The Wombats. They sound a little like Twenty One Pilots, but they have different soundings. If you don't like TØP you will probably like it too! ♪ |