Chapter Twenty-Six

The week went by in a breeze. I didn't talk to Chandler at all. Instead I exchanged it for angry glares.

I think Sam caught on, but he never said anything. It's Sunday which means the day before Chandler flies out.

I'm actually relieved that he's going because right now, all I need is time away from him.

It will be good to spend some time alone with Sam,Lila and Elle.
Turns out I'm not going to comic con.....

It's really hot and Mum isn't home so I dress in my bathers and jump in the pool. The water calms me.

I like sitting on the bottom of the pool until I'm nearly breathless. I do a couple of laps, then I surface and scream.

Sam stands there and I honestly thought he was a ghost. "Only me!" He says holding up his hands.

"You scared the hell out of me!" I splash water at him. He laughs and sits on one of the chairs.

I lean my arms on the side of the pool and say, "Chandler's leaving tomorrow." Sam just nods.

I crawl out the pool. "I'll go get dressed. You can stay the night if you want." I go inside and dress into jeans and a blue t-shirt.

When I get into my room, I see Sam in my desk chair. "Turns out Chandler left today."

He shows me a picture on Chandler's instagram. He's in a plane. I feel sad but then push it away. "Oh." is all I say.

"So, want to stay the night and have a movie marathon?" I smile. Sam smiles back. "You know, Jess, I really like you." I start blushing incredibly.

"Same." I reply. Sam and I spend the rest of our night watching movies, eating popcorn and drinking soda.

I actually had a really fun night. I lay in bed that night and look on the floor where Sam sleeps on a mattress.

I actually have feelings for him...

QOTD: Loud or soft music?

AOTD: Loudd 🎧🎧