Chapter 8 - Season 4

Elijah and I walked around the back of the Gilbert Lake house. Elijah had been invited in by Jeremy but decided he wasn't going to stay due to Rebekah being undaggered by April. That and he got news Kol was back in town somewhere, so he was heading back into Mystic Falls to make sure that they didn't cause too much trouble.

"Hey guys!" Damon and Jeremy looked up and raced towards me. Jeremy pushed Damon over before tackling me in a hug.

"Hey Jamie. Hey Elijah" Elijah gave a polite nod before quickly saying goodbye to me and rushing off. Damon then tackled me off Jeremy making us all laugh.

"So how are we doing? Hey Matt" Matt waved as the three of us made our way over.

"We are doing alright but Damon paid the pizza girl extra to cut off our pizza supply" Jeremy pouted making me giggle.

"Well it's a good job I can cook then isn't it. Come on, me and Elijah left the shopping on the porch, you can help me put it away" the two teenagers grumbled but rushed off to get the shopping inside and put in it's correct places, leaving me and Damon alone briefly. "How have you been love?" I looked up at my soulmate as I slipped my arms around his neck.

"I've been alright, Elena is still being annoying but at least she isn't sired to me anymore. How come Elijah rushed off?" I sighed before looking at the lake house and then back at Damon.

"April Young undaggered Rebekah. So Bekah is around causing mischief somewhere oh and he heard the Kol was back and floating around somewhere as well. He's gone to make sure they don't cause too much trouble" Damon hummed at me before we began walking back to the lake house.

"So what we having for dinner tonight Jamie?" I giggled at Jeremy before moving behind the counter.

"Well boys, tonight boys you are getting a roast dinner, but it's too early to start it yet so I think we may be able to squeeze in some more hunter training" Jeremy and Matt groaned before slowly trudging outside. Damon stood leaning against the wall, just watching as I moved around the kitchen making myself a coffee.

"How are you feeling?" I sighed looking over at Damon before grabbing my mug and placing my cold hands around it.

"Honestly? I'm glad you came in when you did, or I would have killed them both. Tyler Lockwood will not be shown the same curtesy though, nor will Hayley when I get my hands on her" I walked back outside and sat on the picnic bench that was nearby. I was quiet as Damon gave Jeremy tips on how to fight, making me giggle a little bit.

"Think you can do better Angel?" I nodded and told Matt to stand in front of Jeremy, not too far away as I placed my mug down. Taking a deep breath I ran towards Matt, hooking my arms around his shoulders and kicking my legs in front of me so I connect with Jeremy's chest, as soon as Jeremy goes down, I plant my feet and use my leverage on Matt to flip him. The two boys looked up at me as Damon started laughing behind me, I smiled at the sound, it wasn't often Damon laughed but I loved it when he did.

"I'm sorry. Did I interrupt play time?" I rolled my eyes at Klaus as he appeared behind us.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I wandered over to Klaus and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'm simply appreciating the sights and smells of nature, neither of which presently include rotting vampire flesh, so I'm a bit concerned. How many vampires has he killed?" Klaus gently pulled me into his side as we walked towards the other three.

"If we throw Jeremy into the real world right now he's chum" I looked over sympathetically at Jeremy when Damon spoke.

"Yeah, see, that's not a number. Twelve. That's a number. That's the number of how many of my hybrids I slaughtered with my sword, minus the two Jamie killed. Three. That's how many days it took to quell the urge to kill your brother after he knowingly watched as I walked into a death trap. One. That's the number of purposes you serve. You are here to grow Jeremy's mark, so I'll ask again....How many vampires has he killed since he's been here?" I looked down at the mention of Klaus's hybrids. It brings back the awful memories of me nearly killing Caroline.