Chapter 13

"Look at you all retro" Damon teased Stefan as we approached him. I wanted to stay home today, a had a bad feeling about this whole day but Damon assured me we would be fine.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked, looking at Damon before his eyes flicked to me. Stefan had heard my concerns about the day and being the sensible one he took my concerns a little more seriously than Damon.

"Why wouldn't I be here? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention; Isobel is gone and its Founders Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and woo my girl" Damon remarked, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my cheek for good measure. A small smile broke out on my face as I leaned into him.

"Don't start with me Damon" Stefan mumbled choosing to look into the distance.

"Oh you started this Stefan when you accused me of not actually loving my girl" Damon snapped, I frowned up at Stefan, when did this conversation happen?

"You accused him of that? Why?" I asked, I looked at Damon and he just responded with a smile.

"Because Jamie, you are a nice person, and Damon isn't" Stefan sighed, he knew he had just poked the fire when my eyes turned cold, and I pinned him to the spot with my glare.

"You have no idea do you Stefan. Well I suppose not as you haven't met your soulmate yet. Does Elena know about your soulmark?" I bit out, he had absolutely no right to question Damons love for me.

"No. She doesn't need to know. The chances of me meeting my soulmate are already slim. I love Elena so I'm choosing to be with her" Stefan rushed out in a hushed whisper.

"Well then, you should refrain from commenting on our love when you are in no position to question it" I responded, turning to leave I froze when my eyes landed on Elena. She looked even more like Katherine in her period clothing. I head over to Bonnie with Damon close behind.

"Damon can you take a picture of me, Bonnie and Jamie?" Caroline asked, I looked up at Damon with my 'puppy dog eyes', before he sighed and grabbed the camera, I took my spot beside Caroline as the three of us posed for a photo. Damon handed the camera to Caroline who cooed about how cute we looked.

"Thank you love" I muttered, standing on my tiptoes I kissed his jaw. I heard Caroline giggling before she showed me a camera. "Can you email me that photo later?".

"Of course, you two are so cute together" Caroline commented making Damon hum in agreement.

"Of course we are, now you Miss Mystic Falls are needed on your float" Damon pointed behind Caroline at Carol Lockwood calling all of the Miss Mystic court and their escorts over. Me, Damon and Bonnie went and stood in the crowd, waiting for the girls to pass on their float. I cheered for Caroline as Carol announced the arrival of her float, Bonnie laughing at my antics. I was so engrossed in the parade I had missed the conversation between Bonnie and Damon. When the parade had finished me and Damon just hung out, talking and laughing. By the time evening had fallen we had made our way into The Grill, bumping into Elena.

"I like you better like this.....that period look, didn't suit you" I teased, Elena just rolled her eyes.

"Is that an insult?" Elena asked, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Actually it's a compliment of the highest order" Damon replied. He didn't like Elena, but he was nice to her for the sake of his brother. Everyone knew this apart from Elena it seems, as she gave him her full attention, forgetting I was there.

"Look I know Stefan is worried about our friendship, and I know he's been questioning your loyalty to Jamie" Elena remarked causing me to snort, I was already over hearing about this.