Chapter 2

Jamie's P.O.V

I woke up to my phone ringing again, letting out a sigh I look at the caller and see a number I don't recognise, I think of declining before ultimately deciding to answer.

"Hello?" I greet still groggy from just waking up.

"Jamie? It's Bonnie, we met the other day, and you gave me your number" Bonnies voice floats through the phone.

"Bonnie! It's nice to hear from you, how are you?" I ask sitting up.

"I'm alright, I was wondering if your free this afternoon after I've finished school. I have some questions I wanted to ask" Bonnie said as I wandered to the kitchen to make myself my morning coffee.

"Of course, shall we say around 4 at the grill?" I ask pouring my hot water into my mug.

"Sounds good. I'll see you later, bye" Bonnie responds before hanging up the phone. I let out a sigh as I place my phone on the counter. I finish making my coffee and just as I take my first sip Damon's ringtone blares around my apartment.

"Hello love" I greet.

"Hey angel. I need to ask a favour off you" Damon says, I take note of the seriousness in his tone.

"What's going on Damon?" I've placed my mug down on the counter and moved to the window, I take my necklace in my hands and fiddle with it, it's what I do when my anxiety spikes.

"There's another vampire in town. I have a compass that points me in the direction of said vampire however I interfere with the signal so can you please use it and see where it takes you?" I chew on my lip before letting out a quiet sigh.

"Yeah of course, I will be at yours soon" I reply quickly before hanging on and heading into my bedroom, grabbing my coffee on the way. I pick out my outfit of the day whilst drinking my coffee, whilst I know I might be doing a fair bit of walking I still want to look cute, so I plucked out a pair of white skinny jeans and a white tank top. It is still far to hot for me, my body hasn't adjusted to the temperature difference between here and Scotland. I quickly finish my coffee before brushing my teeth and pulling on my white chunky combat boots. Grabbing my keys I place my coffee mug in the sink to deal with later before heading out the door.

                                                                                               ******

"I'm here, its pointing to the warehouse in front of me, what do you want me to do?" I asked into my phone.

"Nothing angel" Damon's voice sounded from behind me, making me hang up my phone and turning to face him.

"Do you want my help with anything?" I asked whilst reaching up and placing my arms around his neck. He leaned down and gave me a soft kiss.

"No thank you angel. You go and meet Bonnie; I'll call you when I'm finished" Damon replied before pressing another kiss to my lips.

"Alright bye love" I said giving him a small wave as I started the walk back to my car. The walk wasn't as long as I thought it was going to take as I saw the boarding house come into view, as I went to climb into my car Stefan came out.

"Hey Jamie, did you find anything?" Stefan asked jogging over to me.

"Yeah, Damon didn't want me getting involved so he said he would handle it" I responded giving him a soft smile, "are you going to the career thing at your school?".

"Yeah I'm just about to start heading over there" I nodded towards the car as I slipped into the driver's seat.

"Get in Stefan, I'm heading that way, I've got to meet Bonnie at the Grill" I said as I closed my door, Stefan jumped into the passenger seat as I started the engine.