Ch. 156

"People out there are willing to die to keep this sacred division safe, to push things in order so you don't throw a fit, and you still somehow FIND a way to complain! Because it's never good enough, and... unlike in those stories..." he turned to the side. "People knew if they deserved a prize for their actions. They fought when the time came, and were calm when there were no threats. You'd only take the good parts and throw everything else in this world for granted. If that is the definition of a Royal, then yeah, maybe there's a reason why I'm so pissed off about it."

Jyuzou sighed. "I'm a-angry because it has to be me, a young Morian, standing here and speaking through to you. I should be out there, fighting, as a proud Demonear, like all of my other friends. Willing to put their lives on the line, even in the way you see it, stepping into the demon's terrain to defeat it. Someone pushes through and lets the others live another day. So why can't you do so as well?" he turned forward.

Everyone was silent. Even the distant noises of the thrashing didn't seem to disrupt the moment.

"Maybe I'm just a kid, though, and I don't get it." he shook his head, gulping. "Right now, though, I decided to grow up. To face all of you, awful, filthy people," he uttered. "No one is getting the crown."

As his words echoed, and the first signs of, possibly, yet another argument started peeking out, the sound grew exponentially louder.

Jyuzou squinted his eyes, and then it came, as sudden as his earlier statements. Yet more screams, and more commotion, with smoke permeating the destroyed wall and bookshelf from the left.

As the Royals ran to the sides, they crashed against each other, leaving enough space on the ground for two people to wrestle. Koyote pushed the cross into Serpigo's body, and black mist bounced up and dug into the ground. He then flipped her over and grabbed her by the shoulders.

His and her eyes met for a second before her body flew towards the other side of the room, crashing through the wall. The Serpigo zoomed in, pushing past all the people, as they began sporadically sprinting around with screams, shouts, yells and cries. Into the holes in the walls they created, or even pushing through the now open gate.

Jyuzou shook his head, breathing out. He put his hands on his head, frustrated before a voice came from below.

"Oi!"

Jyuzou turned, shaking.

"I'm with you on this." A Royal raised his hand. "G-Good speech!"

"Ah..." Jyuzou blinked a few times, while the few of the Royals below the balcony also turned their heads. They bore smiles, which shined back at Jyuzou's face. Even though all of them trembled, they ran forward, and towards the Serpigo that chased after Koyote.

Jyuzou sucked in air through his teeth, before putting one leg over the railing, trying to jump up. Right as he did so, something swiped through the now, mostly empty room, causing a pillar below to crash down with the stone lookout. Jyuzou quickly moved away, jumping back into the small room behind him, as the commotion combined with every other noise seemed to come right towards the place he stood in.

The Morian quickly straightened, but not long before the wall to his right crashed down into millions of pieces, following into the other bricks making the room. The ground shook for a bit, and he instinctively covered his face, before something slid on the floor, followed by the sounds of a wooden object.

He dared move his hands away, facing his Guardian Demon, laid before him on the ground, followed by heavy breaths coming from the side.

"Ha... ha..." Chyuuichi put his hand on the debris. "Told ya I heard Jyuso yelling!"