Ch. 85

"Even kunst." he nodded. "Although no one could step in, it felt like a medulla piece of the gammo," they answered. "Screw that church or even the port. This was a sight to behold!" they raised their voices.

"Omer Narrows is, undoubtedly, changing." the other sighed. "Menn can't have everything tsumoik."

"Tsumoik" meant forever. The same could be said about human lives, concerning how fast they disappear and appear once more. The two turned to the people walking up and down the staircase, heading into what once was or up to what the future could hold.

One of them stepped closer to the edge, looking at his reflection in the water. As a few seconds passed, something inside shifted ever so lightly, changing form.

"Oi..." he muttered. "Is there something-"

Out of the blue, it leapt and left a wet mark on the ground. The man barely avoided its attack, but either way, it looked like it was to attack again.

The people around the Roses Staircase halted all their moves, widening their eyes, before one began screaming, allowing the others to join in the madness as well.

There it stood, as clear as the day and as wet as water could be. A blue demon, with its head covered in some strange grass, with only one fiery eye sticking out amongst the greens.

"AGAIN?!" someone yelled out.

There's one thing I forgot to mention. Demons are now an often-seen sight on the island. They're usually much less harmful compared to the wrath of the volcano or the sheer power of just one Serpigo, but then again, not many can defend themselves.

Through yells and screams, people trying to jump in and help their fellow citizens, the watery demon itself leapt forward, further pushing him to the ground.

They battled with fists, hand pushing the other, all the while the green goopy mass stared down into his shaking, terrified eyes. It couldn't utter any word, only bellowed groans or screeched, inching closer.

He wasn't sure if this was it. After all, things come and go, without warning.

However, it seemed, this time, something arrived.

"AAAAAGH!" A scream sounded from somewhere above. Alerted, the demon shot its head up, sniffing around. Meanwhile, a lot of people turned in the direction of the noise, pointing, and whispering.

"AAAAAGH!" then it appeared again, louder than before, followed by the splash of water, somewhere behind the vile creature. It turned, ready to attack with its sharp claws, only to find that its enemy, as well as its demise, was way up above, however, descending at extremely fast speeds.

Furrowing brows and gritting her teeth, Genni clenched the edges of her boomerang as tightly as possible, going down a thin line of water she created only a few seconds ago.

"Mh?" the creature uttered, but before it could truly process what was happening, Genni stretched her legs forward, as a massive copy of her boomerang, made out of the same liquid she rode appeared right in front of the demon. She yelled out, as it crashed into its face and pushed it away, creating puddles beneath and clearing the area of the surrounding Harans.

The demon held tight, however. One dent in the pavement suggested that it wasn't willing to let go of murder, as the eye already ventured towards the soaked citizen still on the ground.

Genni finally jumped off, sliding along for a bit before stopping with her leg right in front of a bigger puddle that the ground seemingly consumed within seconds.

"Run!" she uttered, and the citizen immediately followed her request. The demon scoffed, before lifting himself with one hand and flying above her momentarily, hastily landing on the ground. It extended its claws, before running towards the Morian.

Reaper's Crownजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें