Ch. 107

All of a sudden, a spark appeared near Morio's open hand. Something shot out from under his nail, a tiny black pebble quickly turning into multiple golden whirls and swirls gradually becoming bigger, denser and moving towards both bodies that stood in the water.

At this point, the Morian was used to the shock, but everything that Hakate did next suggested otherwise. He tried stepping out in time, but a strike of thunder went through his shin, forcing him to slip, falling head-first into the water.

Morio jumped out, using enough velocity from the sparks. He clenched his fist, falling to the side of the fountain, while Hakate violently shook, his entire body paralyzed from the shock.

He huffed again, clenching onto Victis. His blurry eyes once again focused on the cobbled streets before him, right as something landed in front of his face.

Gloria tumbled into view and almost found its way right into Morio's grasp. The Morian looked up, seeing Genni with her boomerang, stuffing the club into Ingo's hands while she helped him stand up.

"That bastard...!" Ingo pointed. "Kill him!"

"No!" Genni yelled one foot landing in between both of Ingo's. "We have to run!"

"He's going to do that first if we don't take this bloody opportunity!" Ingo uttered, weakly, trying to move on his own. Holding the club in both hands, he tumbled to the ground on his weaker leg.

Morio straightened up. His eyes turned towards the hunter, who began crawling out of the fountain again, despite the pain he just went through. Morio gulped, turning to Genni with heavy breaths interrupting each word he wanted to utter, but then again, the other Morians seemed to understand without anything said.

Ingo's eyes twitched, but with Genni's tug, he couldn't choose another path. He was still furious though, the three had no choice but to do what Genni entailed from the very beginning, as well as act on their plan from earlier. Grabbing their backpacks from the other side of the street, they sprinted out of the central area, passing the already shut-down market.

The waves crashed by the seashore, one hitting the stone side of the port, almost sending the struggling Ingo into the water. Genni grabbed his hand, and while the lighthouse seemed to constantly search for the Morians, with enough ducks, crouches and whatnots, they managed to reach the stairs leading up towards the few houses and closed shops, where their yunduls rested, eating away at some of the dry grass growing next to the side.

"Quick!" Genni screamed, throwing her backpack over one of the yunduls, thrashing up and throwing her boomerang to cut the rope in half. With a swift move, the animal began advancing, slower than a horse, but faster than most of its kind.

Ingo climbed from the side without much struggle, harshly pulling on the rope and motivating the animal to move as well. Morio came last. He reached his hand out towards the yundul, but his foot slipped when he wanted to jump on.

A drop of sweat rolled down his face, he tried again and failed.

"MORIO, COME ON!" Ingo screamed, vigorously.

Morio turned back to the stairs, seeing Hakate's figure approaching in the distance, running while swinging his weapon like crazy. He kept grinning, he kept smiling through what he wanted to do.

Morio struggled continuously, before managing to get on. The rope was the only thing that held him and Windsdale together, and through fearful cries and yells, he took Victis out, scratching the rope with his dull weapon.

"Come on! COME ON!" Morio screamed.

"MORIO!" Genni added.

The yundul began stepping forward, almost ripping the fence out. The animal seemed to catch on, hearing and spotting Hakate's approaching, heavy footsteps.