Ch. 21

"Shut," Ingo muttered, walking at speeds which she couldn't possibly match. "One hundred Pies... what could you possibly do with a hundred Pies?" he asked himself, with a grin.

Genni looked to the side, spotting the various gates leading to the path towards the fortress, with a gulp and frowning eyes. The view soon disappeared, as Ingo took a turn once again, and into a different street.

Mentioning that the paths were lit in dim, orange light, either created by the various lampposts on either side of the road or people walking around with colourful and decorated lanterns. Many whispered to each other, enjoyed exclusive meals, read books that lay on wooden tables or strolled around, talking or laughing.

"Fifty-five minutes less sleep for today," she mumbled, silently.

A few shops were still open, but none caught the attention of Ingo. He stuffed his hands back into his pockets, blinking a few times, glancing at Genni who, essentially, snoozed while standing.

Ingo sighed. "If I can't find anything cool I'll just buy us food, okay?" he whispered.

"Hm?" Genni opened one eye, looking up. "It's your money."

"You already work a whole lot, don't you? You should enjoy a victory as well." Ingo covered his embarrassed face. "Sucks that she can't see it."

Genni stared into the distance for a few seconds. "I'm glad she can't, if we're being honest. I mean that... d-definitely in a different way than you do."

Ingo looked back, forcing a small beam. "It's all good, Genni." he mouthed, turning with a sigh.

See? There is some heart in Ingo. A cold one, but it beats.

"Are men looking for an exclusive offer?" A voice suddenly asked, and Ingo turned as if alerted. "Mann might have something that would suit menn interests."

"Huh?" Ingo immediately assumed a defensive stance, turning on his heel. He leaned down, analyzing the few Old Manjuno words strung among the ones he knew. "What would you know about that, lady?"

The aforementioned giggled, covering their mouth and putting her pink, flowery robe together. "Menn carry a club, menn must be a kunto fighter. Perhaps, one of those Demonears?"

Ingo stared at her, then down at the item on the counter. It was a big vial, with a red liquid bubbling on the inside. "What's that?"

"A potion to enhance your strength. Menn not from here, guda?" she asked. "Varn use these chaki in everyday diets. Missing vital elements, helping mentality... and they all come from crashed natural resources found in the yup of Galliath. Some even come from Harabara."

"Tsk." Ingo moved his hands further into his pockets, and the woman smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"Are menn interested?"

"I'm more keen on food, actually," Genni spoke. "Can we head elsewhere, Ingo?"

"How much is it?" asked the Morian.

"A hundred Pies," she replied, raising a finger.

"Damn it," Ingo muttered, searching through his pocket once again, clenching the pebbles, and grinding his teeth.

"Mann lowered the price just for menn, mann dear." she nodded.

"Tsk." Ingo turned to the side.

***

Morio lay in bed, with the lamp on the side still well-lit. He closed his eyes and put his hands together, vowing to dream through and rest. Even though he felt the physical exhaustion, something continuously kept him up. A feeling in his head, the thought of another restless night and battling against spiralling and unpleasant thoughts.