Ch. 4 | Sheets of New Questions

The paths they chose were rather narrow and between residential buildings. Something they quickly noticed was the harmony of the greens combined with places where people lived. Bushes, trees, parks, benches, children playing and people taking care of all the nature continuously surrounding them gave even more points to a certain, alluring charm.

Afterwards, they reached a fountain in the middle, that separated two bridges with warm waters flowing through and people riding atop light brown planks. More leaves grew down the sides and finally moved towards white-stone buildings, eventually turning into brown, wooden gates, inns and restaurants. Morio was now on edge, resisting the smelly urges, and some people around laughed, leaving him a little embarrassed.

"You're usually more excited about something new," Jyuzou admitted.

"I WILL BE ONCE WE EAT!" Morio screamed.

"You weren't hungry until you smelled-"

"My brain works a little differently." Morio interrupted him, squinting his eyes. "Food, food."

Jyuzou nodded to himself, breathing out and stretching his hands. He carefully looked around the people, who turned around once their gaze met his. Everything was still strange, and greatly unanswered. Sighing, he sat beside the fountain next to Morio's groans and pleas.

"Where do you go to learn, Morio?" Jyuzou asked.

"Restaurant."

Jyuzou shook his head. "Library," he muttered.

"Mmm." Morio squeezed his stomach, closing his eyes. "Then find that library and let's go eat damn it! My stomach, It's burning."

Jyuzou softly placed one leg atop another and then put his hands together. "C-Can..." he said, before stopping and shaking his head. "Can you ask someone?"

"Huh," Morio turned his head, slowly.

"I'm, uh." he fixed his collar. "A little anxious."

"Pff, what? The mighty and high Jyuzou can't talk to people? Hah! What is there to be scared of?!" Morio looked up, smiling. "Hehehe." he laughed, snorting. "Man!"

"N-No, I'm just not good at talking!"

"You're very good considering how much you yap!" Morio raised his voice.

Jyuzou groaned. "Please?" he spoke through his teeth.

"No way, dude," Morio smirked, confidently.

Jyuzou excessively sighed, quickly taking something out of his backpack. Morio's eyes didn't resist the temptation and immediately turned to the fruits Jyuzou found in the caves.

"Ugh, fine!" Morio snatched the food out of his hand and stood up, moving towards someone in the crowd, perhaps looking for a calmer, friendlier face.

"Thank you." Jyuzou smiled, thinking.

Morio made an audible noise, peeking to the side and looking towards the long, yet narrow street, decorated with shops and restaurants at either side, leading towards one of the mountains and big bridges.

Turning to the white stone shrines, he spotted robed people in the corner of his eye, as they quickly hid behind a building. Stuffing one whole fruit into his mouth, he turned to Jyuzou, raising his voice. "I don't think these people are Morians!"

"Well-spotted, idiot!" Jyuzou yelled back, sighing.

"I'VE NEVER BEEN ANYWHERE ELSE BUT SHIMORI! THIS IS OVERWHELMING!" Morio hurried back, crouching. "Who are they?"

"This is exactly why I need you to ask for a library!" Jyuzou yelled out.

Morio stood up, walked back to the people and slowly closing his eyes. The thought of the sheer beauty of this place quickly and momentarily came back to him, as food entered his stomach, but still, he vowed to focus on the task at hand.