21| HER SENTIMENTS

" Find what you love and let it kill you."
-Charles Bukowski

Meerab's POV:-

The sunrays were peeking through the curtains of the window

The sunrays were peeking through the curtains of the window. Disturbing my peaceful slumber. I woke up. But my head felt heavy with emotions.

I made up my mind, to talk to my parents today. Have confrontation with them, and chose the peace with it.

Like that grandma told me. I was grateful to meet her. Yesterday, was the best day of my life.

Also I loved how murtasim comforted me with actions rather than his words. As if he knew, that at that moment I didn't need words but just a hug.

I saw murtasim emerging from bathroom. He looked handsome and fresh in his blue colour coat and pants.

You know I have learnt one thing. Intimacy and sex are two very different things.

People think that intimacy is about sex.
But intimacy is about truth.
When you realize you can tell someone your truth, when you can show yourself to them, when you stand infront of them bare and their response is " You're safe with me." -- that's intimacy.

I made my bed. And went to the washroom to have a relaxing shower and calm myself from these thoughts.

I closed the door of the bathroom. And after stripping, I turned on the shower. I felt like sobbing out loud. Why did my parents had to abandon me so that I marry murtasim? Why didn't they hear my cries when they left me here? I was alone with so many unknown people.

I choked on a sob. I pressed my palm on my mouth and covered it, to lower my sobs.

But soon the door was knocked. Murtasim asked her,
" Tum tikh ho na, meerab?"
( You are okay right, meerab?)

Meerab didn't respond. She simply opened the lock of the door. He entered the washroom, meerab was standing in her bra and her pajamas in which she slept in.

MURTASIM 'S POV:-