9| THE FEELINGS

He was resting his head on the headboard

He was resting his head on the headboard. As he woke up a few minutes earlier. He felt disoriented for a while with all the sunrays falling into the abyss of the room along with his grief and sorrow.

He got to know that maa begum told meerab to leave him. But meerab resisted and stayed beside him all along.

He was infuriated to say the least. He held meerab's hand and went to maa begum to confront her.

Murtasim : " Ye izzat hai meri. Aur aap meri izzat ko takleef nahi de sakti."
( She is my respect. And you cannot hurt my respect.)

And he left with meerab to their room.

Murtasim : " Tum chaho toh sab kuch tikh ho sakta hai. Par tum na mujhe chahti ho na hi Mera saath.
( If you want, everything can be fine. But neither do you want me, nor my companionship.)

Meerab : " Chod kyu nahi dete mujhe?"
(Why don't you leave me?)

Murtasim : " Chodna nahi hai."
(Leaving is not the solution.)

Meerab : " Toh kya hai raasta?"
( Then what is the solution?)

Murtasim : " Saath rehke apnaye rakhna. Dusre ko apni mohabbat me giraftar kar lena. Taki woh khudko aapke hawale kar de."
( Living together and making you mine. Imprisoning the other person in your love, So that they give themselves up to you.)

Murtasim's hand was on the other bandaged hand. Meerab held his hand. They kept an eye-lock between each other.

Meerab : " Bahaut zyada takleef hai?"
( Is the pain a lot?)

Murtasim nodded his head in no. And smiled at her.

Meerab : " Ek baat puchu? Mujhe bachaya kyu tha?"
( Can I ask you one thing? Why did you save me?)

Murtasim : " Tumhe na bachata toh khud bhi zinda na reh pata."
( If I had not saved you, I wouldn't have been able to live myself.)

Meerab : " Itni mohabbat karte ho mujhse?"
( Do you love me this much?)

Murtasim : " Khud se bhi zyada."
(More than myself.)

He feathered her cheek softly.

They both went to bed to sleep together.
Meerab went closer to him. And cuddled to his chest. Careful not to hurt his arm in anyway.

Meerab was sleeping peacefully. Murtasim work up and saw her hairs sticking to her face. He carefully pulled his pillow close to her. And moved his hands to lock the curls behind her ears. But meerab woke up due to his slight movement.

Meerab : " Ye kya harkat thi?"
(What was this?)
Asked in a teasing but stern voice.

Murtasim looked scared being caught.

Murtasim : " Kya?"
(What?)

Meerab : " Mere baalon ko kyu chu rahe the tum?"
( Why were you touching my hair?)