3| THE MARRIAGE

As meerab said yes to the marriage, the marriage functions were going on with full enthusiasm

As meerab said yes to the marriage, the marriage functions were going on with full enthusiasm.As it was meerab's mehendi. Meerab was dressed in an yellow kurti with dupatta on her head along with yellow flower head piece.

The singing of women and the rituals were going on. Murtasim arrived and maa begum told him to sit beside meerab for further rituals.

They were applied uptan and everyone congratulated them for their marriage. Meerab stayed silent most of the time, because of emotional turmoil. Her family hadn't arrived yet. She was missing them immensely.

That's when haya arrived and sat beside her, and started drawing mehendi on her own hand.

That's when marium arrived with the mehendi that's to be applied on bride's hand.

Meerab : " Ye kaam karo marium ye mehendi haya ko bhi de do."

Marium : " Nhai nahi ye sirf dulhan ke liye hai."

Meerab : " Accha toh ye sirf dulhan ke liye hai. "

After a while, murtasim arrives and maa begum tells him to sit beside meerab for rituals of uptan.

The rituals were going on. Haya was mourning for their marriage as for her obsession with murtasim. She started dancing and mourning for the same. Maa begum arrived after a while, she was gone to receive some guests.

When she arrived she was haya dancing and her anger knew no heights at that moment. She pulled haya at a corner. And tightly slapped her. For ruining his brother's mehendi ceremony.

Marium arrived in her room with haya. She grabbed her upper arm and asked her,
Marium: " Ye sab kya tha haya?"

Haya : " Kya tha?"

Marium : " Ye joh tumne abhi bahar tamasha Kiya woh."

Haya: " Tamasha? Aur joh mere saath ho rha hai woh tamasha nahi hai? "

Marium slapped haya. And said,

" Unki shaadi bachpan se tay thi haya. Aur agar maine tumhe phir se meri bhabhi meerab ke saath aisa bartav karte dekha toh dekh Lena. Main maa begum ko bata dungi. Aur woh tumhe yaha se gaon bhej dengi. Yaad rakhna."

With that she left the arm. And went outside the room, not after locking haya in her room.

Meerab was sitting in the yard after the ceremony was over. Anwar chacha arrived from her back and his her eyes with his hands. And asked her if she recognised him.

Meerab : " Kuch reh gaya ho? Kabhi kiya hi kya hai aapne. "

Anwar : " Baap toh main usi din ban Gaya tha jis din tumne iss duniya me aankhen kholi thi. "

Meerab : " Ji nahin, baap toh ehsaas hota hai bharose ka, tafoos ka, pyaar ka. Baap toh woh hota hai joh bache ki dil ki khwahish Jo zubaan pe pehle aane se Jaan leta hai. AAP toh kuch nahi jaante."