2| THE BIRTHDAY PARTY

AUTHOR'S POV:-

As they both left for Lahore

As they both left for Lahore. Today was meerab's graduation party as well as her birthday party. She was happy to be graduated from college. She wanted to become a lawyer just like her father.

Shahnawaz and his family was also invited to her birthday party. There were several decorations around the lawn. With a big table at the centre. And the decorations were pretty too.

Maa begum was excited for her birthday.
Soon she came wearing a pink floral frock with a pink jacket along with it. She was looking pretty in it.

Everyone gathered for her cake cutting. Soon she cut the cake with everyone singing happy birthday along with it.

After the cake cutting, maa begum came front and greeted her wishes to her. And said, " Janmadin mubaraq ho meerab. Aur main kuch bolna chahungi ki Maine meerab ko murtasim ke liye muntakhib kar liya hai."

Meerab enlarged her eyes and couldn't believe whatever maa begum just said. To her disbelief, she looked at her parents only to see them smiling happily at her. Maa begum gave her the khandani kangan and made her wear them on her wrists.

Murtasim was astonished too. But as he harboured secret feelings for her. It felt jittery to him.

Murtasim felt annoyed at the sudden declaration by his maa begum

Murtasim felt annoyed at the sudden declaration by his maa begum. He felt a whirlwind of emotions rising in him. He didn't know how to grasp the situation.

Marriage with meerab meant being married to the most beautiful yet arrogant woman.

He has seen her since childhood. He felt an attraction towards her. But the sudden strange decision taken by her mother. He was feeling agony as she was taking the most important decision of his life. Without even consulting him.

He entered his room , threw off his coat aside on the couch.

Flashback:-

Murtasim remembered meerab saying,
" Disrespect toh main tab Karu jab main tumhari kio respect Karu."