18| MERI JAAN

MEERAB'S POV:-

I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward

I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that's true of beginnings but it's not true of this now.

I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, everyday that I wake up, everyday that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again and he chooses me.

If my love were an ocean,
There would be no more land.
If my love were a desert,
you would only see sand.
If my love were a star----
late at night, only light.
If my love could grow wings,
I would be soaring in flight.

[ P.S. This is the author's favourite book. Thirteen reasons why. I cried while watching the movie too.]

I never thought I'd come close to touching such a dream. I never thought I'd be able to trust, or love or find peace. I've been searching for so long for a pocket of quiet to inhabit, a place to exist unencumbered. I always wanted a door I might close-- for even a moment -- against the violence of the world. I didn't understand then that home is not always a place. Sometimes it's a person.

Murtasim, Mera murtasim.

Meerab was thinking all of this in the head. Whilst she completed arranging the files of the case she recently fought but failed to prove her judgement.

She was feeling quite low in the mood. Due to all of this.

Soon she felt her head was bursting in pain. She decided to take a break and sleep in her bedroom.

She went inside. And drew the curtains of the room. Making it quite dark and cosy for her to sleep. She went to her bed and cuddled the blanket close to her. She was resembling a burrito, while being all cuddly and cute. With cute chubby cheeks out.

MURTASIM 'S POV:-