11| MOHABBAT

Meerab was emotionally exhausted as well as mentally with everything happening around her

Meerab felt drained out of her energy. She felt lethargic lying on the bed. Murtasim told her to get up and feed her the soup.

Meerab : " Main guilty hoon."
( I'm feeling guilty.)

Murtasim ignored her and kept feeding her. She said she will talk to maa begum and clarify her doubts about her pregnancy.

As she said, after meerab woke up and went and talked to maa begum and clarified her doubts.

Meerab : " Maa begum woh main ye kehne aayi thi ki main pregnant nahi hu. Mujhe bas food poisoning hui thi jiski wajah se vomiting ho Rahi thi."
(Maa begum, actually I was here to tell you that I was not pregnant. I was diagnosed with food poisoning and hence I was vomiting.)

Maa begum didn't said anything to her. But told her to take care of her. As she is exhausting herself too much. With khani duties as well as her law workplace duties.

Maa begum : " Tikh hai meerab. Magar ek baar mere paas aakar tumhe ye keh dena chahiye tha. "
(It's okay meerab. But you should have told me earlier just for once.)

Meerab just went and sat near her, held her hand and said,
"Maa begum ye sirf ek misunderstanding thi mai vomit kar rahi thi aur aapne samajh liya ki mai pregnant hu."
(Maa begum it was just a misunderstanding. I was vomiting and you misunderstood that I was pregnant.)

They both shared a hearty conversation with each other. Maa begum also assured her to take care of her herself in the near future. And not to eat unhygienic food.

After meerab went to her room. And was lost in her thoughts of how murtasim took her stand in front of everyone and maintained her dignity.

Murtasim went to her fields for some work. Meerab retired to her room for some rest. But she was lost in her own thoughts.

Meerab (in her thoughts) : -

" Tum mujhse puchte ho ki, mujhe tumhari kya baat acchi lagti hai.
Main tumse ye kaise kahu, ki mujhe
tumhari konsi baat acchi nahi lagti. Tum ho sab hai murtasim, tum se sab hai."
(You ask me, what do I like about you.
How do I say it to you. That I like everything about you. Everything is because of you murtasim, You are my everything.)

Meerab felt overwhelmed with sudden emotions whirling inside her. She didn't know how to express it.

She understood the way she accepted murtasim, each family member was her own now. She just needed some acceptance. And Murtasim gave her his everything to her.

Flashback:-

Murtasim said,
" Mujhe apnao meerab, toh sab tumhare ho jayenge. Koshish toh Karo."
( Accept me as yours meerab, then everyone will become yours. Try it.)