16| DIL-E-KHWAHISH (yearning)

Author's POV:-

You know it's a common act to share a physical space, but a profound one to share the depths of your being

You know it's a common act to share a physical space, but a profound one to share the depths of your being. To truly connect with someone is to let them see beyond your exterior, to the raw and real you. It's a journey you both share the essence of who you are, your laughter, your tears, your deepest hopes and your fears. This is the essence of vulnerability, where true bonds are formed and love finds its purest expression.

After their make out, meerab started feeling safe with him. It just felt surreal to her. To share the cacoon of warmth, trust, and intimacy with him.

Meerab's POV:-

From day one of my marriage , I started noticing few things about murtasim. He hated fish, cause he was allergic to it now as well as in his childhood, when he ate it once. He was ill for so many days, also hospitalized because of it.

I made sure to not serve him anything he didn't like. Same goes for him. One of things I cherished about him was his eyes. They were so expressive.

Like he didn't needed words to express himself. Sometimes his eyes were enough to know what was going inside his heart.

I knew how I fell in love with him.

Flashback:-

She was sleeping on the couch during the previous days of her marriage. When she woke up in the middle of the night, to drink some water to quench her thirst. She noticed someone sleeping near the couch clutching her duppata's end. He looked so cute, so vulnerable after what happened in Malik zubair's fields.

When it dawned upon her that maybe she does love him. Not exactly the love part, but some kind of affection. Like attraction towards him.

She went down near him, and sat close to him. Slowly and gently keeping his head on her lap. She made him sleep on her lap. While patting his back and caressing his hair.

Flashback over

She also remembered her first kiss with him. When they flirted with each other near the pillar. The sensations she felt in her chest and stomach was an indescribable expression. She remembered how her breath was caught in her throat when she saw him inching towards her. Slowly caging her in his arms. How tentative and tender his expression was despite him being playful around her.

Especially when he said,
"Keh bhi nahi sakta aur seh bhi nahi sakta."
( I can't neither speak nor control it.)

Time skip*

MEERAB'S POV:-