Perfect

Chapter twenty-seven: Perfect

     Once they got to Sweetwater River, they began yelling for Cheryl. "Cheryl?!"

"Cheryl?!" Drea yelled. Panick and worry in her voice. Jughead's hand wrapped around hers as they searched.

"She's not here." Archie spoke.

"Over there!" Betty pointed towards the middle of the frozen river where Cheryl was founded against the ice.

"Oh my God."

"Cheryl!"

"Cheryl, stop!"

They began to run towards her. "Cheryl, no!"

"Wait, wait, wait. Don't. The ice." Archie stopped everyone.

"He's right. Too much weight, and we'll all go under."

"Cheryl!" Archie yelled.

"Cheryl, please." Veronica pleaded.

Cheryl slowly stood up and turned to the group of worried teenagers.

"Just come to the shore, and we'll figure this out together, ok?" Veronica spoke.

Drea could feel tears falling down her face. They thought maybe for a moment Cheryl would go to them, but before anyone could speak, the ice broke, causing Cheryl to fall in.

"No!" Drea yelled. She was the first to start towards Cheryl as the others followed.

"Cheryl!"

They looked into the hole but didn't see her. "The current has her."

"Spread out! Spread out!" Jughead instructed. Everyone began to clear away the snow, trying to find Cheryl under the ice. Hot tears streamed down Drea's face as she pushed away the snow with her hands.

"She's here! She's here!" Archie yelled.

Everyone ran towards him. Archie began to punch the ice, trying to break it.

"Archie, be careful."

Veronica and Jughead yelled for help. Drea cried as Archie punched and punched the ice. His knuckles bled from all the impact, but he didn't care all that mattered in that moment was Cheryl.

"Come on!" Archie yelled as he continued trying. Once he succeeded, he quickly pulled Cheryl out of the water. Archie checked to see if she was breathing. She wasn't, so he did CPR. Jughead wrapped his arms around Drea, pulling her into a tight hug. She buried her head in his chest before pulling away.

"Cheryl, wake up!"

"God dammit Cheryl wake up!" Drea yelled. This couldn't be happening. Cheryl needed to get up. She needed to be ok. "Please." She said softly. Her nose was red as her face paled.

After a few moments, Cheryl coughed out the water from her lugs.

"Oh, thank God." Drea cried.

Archie picked Cheryl up bridal style, and they took Cheryl to Veronica's.

Drea couldn't leave her, so she stayed. She was changing into a pair of clothes she had in her bag when she heard Hermione come in. She didn't hear much of her and Veronica's conversation, but she soon heard the door close, so she figured Veronica left for the Jubilee.

When she exited the bathroom, Hermione greeted her. "Hello, Drea." She smiled.

"Hi Hermione.  I'm just staying with Cheryl until she's warmed up. I don't want to cause any trouble."