The Murderer

Chapter twenty-four: The murderer

    "This is gonna help FP?" Archie said as him, Drea, Kevin, Jughead, and Betty stood around Jason's varsity jacket.

"I dont know. Looks like more incriminating evidence to me." Kevin said.

"This just confirms that my dad torched Jason's getaway car."

"And that his confession was true." Kev said softly.

"Why would FP say Jason's varsity jacket is dangerous? What could that mean?" Drea questioned to no one in particular.

"You could ask my father." Veronice said as she entered.

"He would know, considering they found concrete proof that he hired the Serpents to kill Jason. Which probably means that your dad pulled the trigger Jughead. I'm sorry." Veronica spoke.

Drea shook her head. She couldn't believe that. Maybe someone else killed him, and the Serpents were hired to dump the body. Maybe part of FP's story was true, but it couldn't have been him who did it.

Drea stared at Jughead before speaking up. "No, there's no way. I am not giving up just yet." She took up the jacket and looked at Archie. "Put this on." She threw the jacket around Archie's shoulders.

"What?"

"Put it on." Betty said as she understood where Drea was getting at.

Archie pushed his hands through the sleeves. "Drea, Betty, this is weird."

Betty and Drea looked through the pockets.

"There's a hole in the pocket." Drea told them.

"Ok, now we're just grasping at straws."

"Ok, no. I don't know about you guys, but whenever I have a hole in my pocket, I always lose whatever I put in there in the lining," Drea said as she digged deeper.

"Hold on." Drea pulled out a flash drive and handed it to Archie.

"See."

"Someone grab a computer." Drea instructed. Jughead took his from his bag and placed it on the table. Everyone gathered around it on the couch as Betty inserted the flash drive.

They stayed silent as they saw what came up on screen.

"Oh my God." Veronica voiced.

Drea put a hand to her mouth as she gaped at the computer. Everyone gasped as Drea walked away from the others. Her hand was still over her mouth as tears threatened to fall.

"Oh my God." Veronica cried again.

Betty shut the computer before grabbing her phone and standing up.

"Betty. Betty, who are you calling?" Archie asked. Drea still hadn't turned around. She couldn't.

As Betty talked on the phone, all Drea could think about was Cheryl.

Suddenly, Drea felt an arm on her shoulder, turning her around. She let a small sob but let the person turn her to face them. Jughead stood there, tears threatening to fall. His father wasn't a murderer, but no one would have expected Clifford Blossom to kill his own son.

Drea pulled Jughead into a hug. He securely wrapped his arms around her waist as silent tears fell from her eyes.

Everything was much a blur but yet so vivid for the teens. Alice had taken the flash drive to Sheriff Keller and Mayor Macoy. They were to watch what the kids had watched that night.