New Girl

Chapter one: New Girl

She had secrets. Everyone did, but why is it that Andrea Danver's parents chose Riverdale of all places to move to. Wouldn't it be better to go some place less small. Maybe a place that didn't hold so many secrets and mysteries.

______________

"And...that is it for the tour." Betty Cooper smiled at Drea as she finished giving her a tour of Riverdale High.

Drea looked around as the students passed her as if they had been familiar with her. No one spared her a second glance.

Maybe if it were a few weeks earlier, maybe months later, but at the time, the attention of her new peers was drawn somewhere else. To someone else.

A few weeks ago, footballer Jason Blossom was said to have drowned while trying to leave Riverdale. He had been with his twin sister Cheryl Blossom, who was found by Sweetwater River without him.

Later, Jason had been found by the shores of Sweetwater River with a bullet embedded in his head.

"Hey Betty. Who is this?" Kevin Keller ran up to the two, a smile on his face. "This is Drea Danvers." Betty introduced. Drea gave a small smile.

"Welcome to Riverdale High, and good luck." Kevin told the new girl. Drea raised an eyebrow but ignored the comment.

"So... I heard that a student...died." Drea threaded carefully as the three walked through the halls.

When her and her parents arrived at Riverdale, the news of Jason's death was everywhere.

Imagine arriving in a new town only to be met with the death of a football player who went to the school you were supposed to be attending.

Betty and Kevin glanced at each other. "Uh, yeah. Jason Blossom. He was -" Betty was cut off by Drea.

"Found with a GSW to the head after being said to have drowned?"

Kevin and Betty gave the girl a shocked expression, to which Drea only shrugged. "I do my research."

The trio walked up to Veronica Lodge, who stood at her locker.

"So? How'd it go with Chuck?" Kevin spoke excitedly without even a hello.

"Chuck has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde or even Diablo Cody." Veronica said as she closed her locker.

Drea wasn't aware of who Chuck was, but seeing Kevin's enthusiasm, she assumed that he was a big deal.

"Who's this?" Veronica questioned, looking at the brunette standing with her friends.

"I'm Drea Danvers." Drea gave a smile which Veronica returned.

"Veronica Lodge."

Before either of them could say anything, they were interrupted.

"Hey, Veronica. How was the sticky maple you had last night?" A girl questioned.

"The what now?" Veronica questioned.

"The sticky maple Chuck gave you. How was it?" She said as she continued to walk away.

"We had a brownie sunday if that's what you hyenas mean." Veronica said as she finished locking her locker.

Drea wasn't interested in what was happening, but she knew whatever it was wasn't good for the Lodge girl. A sticky maple didn't exactly scream good.

She muttered a goodbye to the three before walking away. Her phone soon vibrated in her pocket. She pulled it out to see a photo of Veronica and Chuck Clayton in a car. Veronica's face had been photoshopped with maple syrup on it.

Drea stopped walking and scrolled through the comments. What she saw disgusted her. Was that really what the world had come to. Shaming and disgracing women.

They really chose the right time to arrive in Riverdale.

As she continued to walk, someone caught her eye.

He leaned against the wall, his head down, and beanie on his head. Jughead Jones.

As Drea passed, he looked up, locking eyes with the girl. Her steps slowed for a second before she looked away. She sped up but felt a pair of eyes observing her as she walked off.

She was about to turn a corner when she bumped into someone.

"I am so sorry." The person said. Drea looked up to see an African American boy. He was handsome and had a well-built physique.

"It's fine." Drea said with a harsh tone.

"I'm Chuck Clayton." Chuck gave Drea a smile that would make any girl drop. Drea didn't give the boy a second glance as she walked away from him.

This left Chuck confused. No girl walks away from Chuck Clayton just like that. Especially the new ones.

Drea continued down the hall, her fist clenched. Her first day at Riverdale High was going to be one to remember.

During the day, Drea went around getting a little more information on Chuck Clayton.

Football player, Artistic, A ladies man, or what Drea would call an ass.

"So Chuck has something called a playbook, am I correct?" Drea fact checked with Trev Brown, former football player.

"Yes."

"Can you tell me where to find that?"

She then went on to get primary information from others who were victims of Chuck's games.

"I'm sorry for what he did to you." She told the girls.

"You don't deserve this."

"Why are you doing this. You don't even know us." One of the girls from the Vixens commented. The Vixens was Ricerdale High's cheerleaders team.

Drea shrugged. "I don't need to know you or be here long to do the right thing."

Drea knew how to shine light on the things that were never meant to stay in the dark. She found the truth by searching for answers. Not everyone was brave enough to do that.

Drea was an aspiring journalist and photographer. Journalism required you to have the facts and expose the truth, and photography could help with that.

Behind the school stood Chuck with a girl. Not long after his date with Veronica, he was leaning in to kiss a different girl. This wasn't much help to her since it would be expected, but it was just added insurance.

Now, all she needed was proof of what he did to the girls.

That night, Drea was in her room looking through the photos that she took of Chuck with multiple different girls in that same way.

What she saw before her was disappointing. She thought getting away from Chicago would change some things, but it seems boys will be boys no matter what place she's in.

"Drea! We're going to bed. Good night." Isabel, Drea's mum yelled. "Night, mum!" Drea shouted back, her eyes not leaving the photos. Her parents tend to go to bed early.

Once she heard the doors of her parents' room close, Drea stood up from her bed. She pulled off her purple sweater, replacing it with a black turtle neck and her black leather jacket. She slipped on a pair of black sneakers and a matching beanie.

Grabbing her camera and notebook, she stuffed them into her messenger bag. She locked her door and made her way to her window. Slowly, she slid open the window and climbed out as if this had been normal for her. It was.