Feelings

Chapter twenty-five: Feelings

     Clifford Blossom was found dead. Who would have thought. The man who killed his own son would hang himself.

When Andrea Danvers arrived in Riverdale, she didn't like the idea of being in a new place, but then her friends came along, and she felt as though she could finally be happy. Then she heard about Jason Blossom's murder. She went on a scooby chase with her new friends because she felt like she had to.

She found out secrets and mysteries she didn't think a small town could hold. She found out secrets her own mother was hiding from her, and she found herself having feelings for a certain beanie wearing boy.

Then there was Betty. A girl she would call her first friend in the town. How could she betray her like that. She just couldn't, so she pushed whatever she felt away and prented that those moments that her and Jughead shared never existed.

Drea sat walked into the lunch room, snow covering her hair, her nose slightly red. She had just arrived at school. She knew it was late, and anyone would ask what the point was, but she hadn't been at school since they found out that Clifford murdered Jason.

It was as if she completely shut down. Her friends had called, and Jughead had visited, but she never let him in. All she could think about was her brother, but she decided that enough was enough. Being cooped up in her bed for a week wasn't going to help anyone, so she got herself together and went to school.

Drea walked towards her friends to hear Betty speaking.

"I'm writing an article about this, but not just for the Blue and Gold, but for the register. This is a town story."

Jughead was about to speak when he noticed the cold girl. "Hey." He spoke softly. Causing everyone's attention to turn to the girl.

"Drea." Veronica smiled.

"Uh...hi." Drea gave a weak wave.

"C-can I?" Drea pointed towards the table. "Yeah, definitely." Kevin and Jughead moved aside to let Drea sit between them.

Everyone was silent for a moment as they watched the girl who only stared at her lap. "Drea?" Archie spoke up. Drea looked up at him. "You ok?"

The girl only nodded with a small smile. Jughead nudged the girl's arm with his. This made her smile a bit wider.

"Anways, uhm. Like I was saying, Betty. As long as the article doesn't include my dad."

"No, it is going to be about your dad, Jug."

Drea zoned out the conversation from there.  She heard snippets, but what caught her attention was the news about Archie and Veronica's relationship. It didn't exactly come as a suprise to the girl.

After lunch, Drea was standing at her locker when Betty went up to her. "Drea?"

"Hmm?"

"I have a question." Betty said. Drea looked to see her fiddling with her fingers. "Yes?"

Betty took a deep breath before asking, "Drea, do you have feelings for Jughead?" Drea's eyes widened. "What?! No!" She exclaimed.

"Look. I'm not mad if you are. I just see the way he looks at you. He never looked at me like that. I'm not gonna say he didn't like me, but the way he sees you is the way that I want him to see me. Sadly, he'll never see me in that way."

"What do you mean?" Drea questioned. 

"Drea Jug and I broke up. It was mutual. It was two days ago. We talked about it, and I didn't ask how he felt about you, but he did say he had feelings for someone else."  Betty explained.

"And you think that it's me?" Drea was now confused..

"Like I said. I see the way he looks at you, and I see how you look at him. I was in denial before, but when I saw you two at homecoming, I knew what it was." Betty gave Drea a hug.

"It's ok to like him Drea just don't wait too long to do something about." With that, Betty walked away, leaving Drea in a now empty hallway with her thoughts.

Later that day, Jughead knocked on Drea's door. She opened it, looking a bit better than when she was at school. "Uh hi." Her conversation with Betty came flooding back.

She invited the boy in. "I might have to move." Was the first thing Jughead said as he entered. "What?" Drea breathed a laugh.

"If my dad's case doesn't get any better by the end of the week, I'll have to move in with a different family on the southside and go to a different school." Jughead expanded on his statement.

Drea led him to her room. "That's uhm..that's got to be hard for you." Drea spoke softly as they both sat on her bed.

"Yeah."

"I mean, it's not like we can't see you sometimes. It's just maybe not as regular." Drea was trying to find the good parts of him moving, but she really wasn't sure.

Drea sighed, running a hand over her face. "By the looks of things with my dad, I might have to move."

The brunette girl looked Jughead in the eyes.
"Juggy, I-" Drea started but stopped herself. "You what?"

"Nothing, just come here." Drea pulled Jughead into a hug. Jughead buried his head in her neck.

The next day, Drea stood around Betty's locker with some of the student body along with Betty and Polly. Betty's article was stuck to the locker and the words, '𝘎𝘰 𝘛𝘰 𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘚𝘭𝘶𝘵!' was written out.

Drea could feel herself grow angry as she grabbed Betty's hand.

Jughead stood in front of the locker, blocking Betty's view. Betty tried to push forward to take the papers off, but Drea kept a tight grip on her hand as Jughead kept her back.

"It's nothing, guys. It's just a jerk with a can of spray paint." Betty continued to push.

"I dont think that's spray paint."

Drea pulled Betty into a side hug and pulled her away.

If only things weren't bad enough as it was for Betty. They just had to add more.