Moments

Chapter twenty-two: Moments

    The five teenagers ran into the police station. They couldn't just let FP Jones go to jail they had to do something. The gun found in FP's home was planted they couldn't let an innocent man be convicted of a murder he didn't commit.

"Excuse me, sir, we need to see Sheriff Keller." Archie told the receptionist.

"There's been a huge mistake." As Betty spoke, the Sheriff came out.

"Sheriff, we need to talk to you about FP Jones." Veronica spoke up.

"What about him?"

"He's innocent."

"He's being framed."

"Then why did he just confess?" Sheriff Keller told the teenagers. Drea's and Jughead's eyes widened.

FP Jones was being taken away by two officers.

Drea couldn't believe it. There was no way FP was guilty, so why would he confess to a murder that he didn't commit.

The next morning, Drea sat in her home thinking about the night before. Something wasn't right. That was when it came to her. What if the person who framed FP made him take the blame. It could have been possible. FP took the blame for the real killer, but the questions still stood. Who was the real killer, and why did FP Jones take the fall for them.

Drea was so caught up in her mind that she didn't realize that she would be late for school.

During the day, all she could think about was Jughead. He didn't go in that day. She wouldn't admit it, but she was avoiding Betty. She felt as though Betty was mad at her.

The night before, Betty told her that she had messaged and called Drea multiple times, but Drea had turned off her phone. At least that's what she told the blonde girl.

When lunch came, Drea entered the cafeteria and sat away from her friends. Pulling out her phone, she saw a message from Jughead. "I'm at the school. I'm going to apologize to Cheryl."

"What?" Before she got an answer, Jughead entered the cafeteria, his hands in his jacket pockets. Everyone's attention turned to him as he made his way over to Cheryl.

Everyone watched as Jughead apologized to the girl. She stared at him for a few moments before standing. That was when she slapped Jughead and began to shake him and pound against his chest with her fist. He stood there and let her.

The group of friends ran up to him slong with Drea. Archie pulled Cheryl away.

"That's enough!" Prinical Weatherbee shouted.

Cheryl ran off as Drea quickly followed her. She found Cheryl in the girl's locker room. Without a word, she wrapped her arms around the girl's crying figure. Cheryl sobbed into Drea's shoulder as Drea ran a hand through her red hair.

After Cheryl calmed down, Drea pulled away and looked the girl in the eye. "It's not his fault, Cheryl. Even if his dad did do it." Drea spoke softly.

"Everybody keeps coming up to me and hugging me. Telling me that I must be so relieved that my mother's killer has been caught. This nightmare is over ..." Cheryl paused.

"Then why doesn't it feel that way?"

"Cheryl... I understand what you're going through, but only you know what to feel, and if you ever need anything, I'll be right here." Drea held the girl's hand.

Cheryl pulled Drea into a hug. She didn't cry this time, but she held Drea tightly.

That night, someone knocked on Drea's door. It couldn't have been her mother she was working late, and her father wouldn't be home at that time, so she was alone for the night. She opened the door, revealing Jughead. He stood with a blank expression on his face. Drea opened the door wider and invited him in.

"You ok?" Drea asked as he closed the door. "Yeah. I'm ok." Jughead told her. They took a seat on the couch. "Don't lie to me, Jug." Drea whispered.

Jughead only looked at her before pulling her into a hug. Drea was surprised at first, but she knew he needed it. After a bit, she felt him rub circles on her lower back. She felt goosebumps appear on her skin.

"Jug."

"Hmm?"

"It's gonna be ok." She told him, but she wasn't even sure herself. FP may have been a screw up, but what happens to Jughead when his father is rotting in prison for years.

Jughead didn't respond he only hugged her tighter. She knew he was trying to forget about all that had been happening. Jughead pulled away slightly but still kept his arms around her.

The two stared into each other's eyes. Drea slid off his beanie. She had never actually seen him without his beanie. Her eyes scanned his face. His green eyes held sadness, but there was also something else she couldn't place. It was the same look he gave to her at homecoming.

Drea bit the inside of her cheek as she got nervous from Jughead's intense stare. Jughead brought a hand up to Drea's face. He lightly brushed his fingers against her cheeks. Drea leaned in to the touch with a sigh.

Before either of them could do anything, the door opened, causing the two to pull apart. Fortunately, it wasn't Isabel this time, but unfortunately, it was her father.

"Goodnight." Michael spoke as he was met with his daughter and a boy on his couch.

"Hi, dad." Drea whispered.

"This is uhm Jughead a friend from school." Drea said before her dad could ask.

Michael raised an eyebrow. "A friend? Ok. Well, uh, nice to meet you, Jughead." Michael gave the boy a harsh glare.

"You as well, Mr. Danvers." Jughead spoke, not meeting Michael's eyes. Michael walked off to his and Isabel's room.

"Why don't you stay here for the night." Drea offered Jughead. It was getting late anyway.

"Thanks, but you don't have to."

"I want to." Drea gave him a smile. She then went to get some blankets and two pillows to make him comfortable on the couch.

She placed them beside Jughead before bidding him a goodnight. Before going to bed, she told her father that Jughead would be staying the night. He was hesitant but allowed it, seeing as he was staying on the couch.

As Drea got ready for bed, she couldn't help but think of her and Jughead's 'moment'. She shouldn't have been having those moments with Jughead. That was for him and Betty, but was that really what Jughead wanted?

𝐎𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 '𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐋𝐢𝐞' 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬. 𝐖𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬.

𝐗𝐨𝐱𝐨, 𝐊𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐬𝐲 ❤