Southside High

Chapter twenty-six: Southside High

"What kind of sick physco would do that!" Drea exclaimed as she walked with Betty and Jughead through the snow.

"As long as you're with me and you keep writing articles about my dad, trouble's just gonna keep coming at you from all sides." Jughead said.

"It was just one jerk." Betty told them.

Drea grabbed Betty's arm. "One jerk? It's not just one jerk Betts-"

"It's Mayor Macoy and Sheriff Keller. It's Weatherbee. It's social services. It's the entire multiverse telling me that I don't belong here, so why don't I just do everyone a favor." Jughead cut Drea off.

"Hey!"

"Hey."

Both Drea and Betty said. Another was a bit more firm than the other. Betty let Drea talk. "You belong here just as much as everyone else. This is your home, Jughead. You got that?" Drea smiled as she placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"Yes." Jughead said, but it didn't sound like he did. Drea raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I got that." Jughead gave Drea a small smile.

"Good."

Betty couldn't help but smile sadly at the two. The trio continued walking.

Jughead and Drea dropped Betty off before heading to Drea's. "I have something to tell you." Jughead said as they lay on Drea's bed.

"I'm planning on going to Southside High tomorrow." Jughead told Drea.

"Excuse me?" Drea sat up in the bed. "It's where I belong, Drea."

"Did you not hear me when I said this is where you belong? Jughead, this is your home. I mean, it has its ups and downs, but you can't just leave your friends. We still have so much to learn about each other." Drea tried to reason with him.

Jughead shook his head. "I'm sorry I made my decision."

"And I can't talk you out of it?" Drea sighed.

"Just promise you won't tell the others. I wanna tell them myself." Jughead said. Drea only nodded.

"Just as long as I can at least accompany you there tomorrow morning." Drea said. Jughead gave the girl a nod.

The next day, Drea dropped Jughead off before heading to Riverdale High. When she entered the student lounge, she saw Betty, Veronica, and Archie.

"Jughead went to Southside High." Betty told Drea. Drea only gave a sad look. "You knew?" Veronica questioned.

"And you didn't tell us?" Betty spoke. "He told me not to."

"Well, we're not gonna let him do this." Before Drea could reply, everyone grabbed their things and ran out of the room. Drea followed behind quickly. They ran down the hall towards the school exit.

The four teenagers made their way to the school. "Guys, wait!"

"We can't do this." Drea called put.

When they got to the Southside High, they ran through the metal detector. The halls were completely empty.

"Where would he be?" Veronica questioned.

"Cafeteria."

They entered to see him laughing with some of the students surrounding his table. "Jug." Betty spoke up first. Jughead turned to face his friends.

"What are you guys doing here?" He looked at Drea. "Hey, I tried to stop them." Drea defended.

"Can we talk outside." Betty asked. Jughead got up and followed them, but Drea was stopped by a girl with purple hair.

"Hey you?"

She turned to face the table full of Southsiders. "You don't look like you belong with those Northsiders." The purple haired girl said.

"Oh yeah, and what do I look like?" Drea smirked.

"Well, you look hot for one." A boy spoke up. Drea only stared blankly at him. "I like a girl who plays hard to get." He said when Drea didn't reply.

"She's not playing hard to get Ryder she just doesn't like you." The purple haired girl voiced.

Drea, along with the rest of the table, laughed. "I'm Jemma." The girl put out her hand. "Drea." Drea shook the Jemma's hand.

"And what exactly are you to our new student?" Jemma questioned. "I'm his...friend. I uh I'm not from Riverdale. I moved here a few months ago." Drea took it upon herself to take a seat, which everyone welcomed.

"Where you from?" Ryder asked. "Chicago. My uh mum used to live here, tho. Isabel Inclán."

"Wait, I think I know your mum. Well, my mom does. She always talked about this Isabel Inclán who lived on the Northside but lived on the Southside." Jemma said, causing Drea to smile. She wanted to hear more about her mother's life in Riverdale.

"She always said your mother was such a bad ass, but even though she was such a bad bitch she was the most amazing person. I swear it's like my mother was just fascinated with your mother."

"If she's such a bad ass I'm sure you are too miss Drea." Another boy said. Drea nodded with a smile. "Some what." She replied.

The group continued to talk. Drea got along with everyone. In Chicago she never had much close friends so she never got this type of friendship where she could just be a part of something fun and engaging.

She heard so much about the Southside, but it was all wrong. The jokes, the smiles it all seemed good for her.

Yes, Veronica, Betty, Archie, and Kevin were great friends, but she had never laughed so much before. There wasn't any talk about Jason Blossom or FP or Clifford it was just normal. Was that how Jug felt? Did he feel like the Southside was just better for him.

It was all great until she got a message from Cheryl.

"𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝐽𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑛𝑜𝑤."

Drea immediately stood up. Without a word, she ran outside the school towards Archie and Veronica. "Guys!"

"You got a message, too?" Veronica questioned. Drea only nodded.

"Oh my God."

"What?" Archue questioned.

"Where would Cheryl go to be with Jason?"

"Sweetwater River." Both Archie and Drea said at the same time.

"Guys, we have to go." Veronica told Betty and Jughead.

Drea just hoped they weren't too late.