Figuring It Out

Chapter ten: Figuring It Out

Flames, it all went up in flames.

The car Drea, Betty, and Jughead found went up in flames. Someone lit it on fire. Who would do that? Someone was there that night. Someone saw the three teenagers find the car, so they burned every last piece of evidence.

Drea caught her breath as she stopped. She looked up to see that she had jogged to Riverdale High.

Some days were like that. She needed to clear her head, so she ran and ran until she found herself in place she didn't plan. She always thought that maybe her subconscious was telling her their was something there something that could help her. Something worth finding.

But what could be at Riverdale High so early in the morning that could help her. She decided to sneak into the school and see what Riverdale High was like without the annoying students.

It was quiet, almost peaceful besides the fact that there was an eerie feeling to it. Drea turned a corner when a small scream exited her mouth.

"Stalker?" Drea whispered, staring at Jughead, who had the same shocked expression as her.  Drea examined the boy. His tired face, his pajamas, the towel in his hand.

"Jughead. Is this you 'figuring it out'?" Drea spoke softly as she approached the boy. "Pretty much. I mean, there's a bright side to it. I'm never late to school and the boy's shower is really nice. The hot water's amazing." Jug smiled.

Drea only stared at him, causing his smile to drop. "Look. It's not my business what happened at home that you're...here, but this isn't ok." Drea said, her face sad.

"I'm going and shower." Jughead ignored the girl. "By the looks of it, you need one too. Come on." Jughead beckoned for her to follow him. Drea was confused until she looked down. Her clothes were incredibly sweaty, her hair even stuck to her skin. She really did push herself that morning. Thankfully, she had extra clothes and toiletries in her bag all the time.

The girl's shower was the other way, but the hot water wasn't exactly hot anymore. She followed Jug into the boy's locker room.

"So... how long have you been staying here?" Drea asked as she turned on the water on her side and Jug on his.

"Uhm, the day after the drive-in closed." Jughead told her. Drea bit her lip from saying anything that would make him upset.

Jughead noticed the girl's silence. "You're doing that thing, aren't you?" Jughead spoke.

"What thing?" Drea questioned as she washed her hair.

"You know, where you bite your lip to stop yourself from speaking out of turn or saying something that would make someone upset." Jughead told her. Of all the things he could notice about the girl, he noticed that.

Drea decided to ignore the comment like he did earlier. "So you and Betty, huh?" Drea smirked.

"What about me and her?" Jug said.

"I notice the looks you too give eachother are you two a thing?" Drea questioned.

"Well, if you must know. Betty and I sort of had a moment last night." Jughead told the brunette. "What kind of moment." Drea smirked wider.

"I may have kissed her." Jughead said, turning off the shower. "No kidding. Nice. You picked a good one." Drea complimented.

Jughead smiled to himself as he wrapped the tower around himself. "Thanks."

Drea turned off her shower before wrapping herself in the towel. "Betty and Juggy are sitting in a tree." Drea started as the two walked out.

"Please don't start that." Jughead pleaded. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Drea sang, causing the boy to playfully roll his eyes and shove her slightly. Drea only giggled.

"See you in a bit stalker." Drea said as she went to the girl's locker room to put on her clothes. "Are you ever gonna stop with that?" Jughead questioned. "Nope!" She yelled, still walking. Jughead shook his head with a smile.

When she finished dressing, she walked out of the dressing room. Her hair is still a bit damp, but dry enough. After a bit of cruising the halls, the bell rang as some students filed in. She looked down the hall to see Jughead headed her way.

Archie stood there watching him walk off. "I'm assuming you told him." Drea said to Jug. "Yeah, I just hope he doesn't tell Betty."

"I'm sure he won't, but even if he did, what would be the big deal. I mean, she wouldn't care." Drea assured him.

"Have you not noticed the world we live in. I mean Betty's a straight A student who almost everyone likes. She lives in an actual house, and I mean, I'm just a nobody who lives in a janitors closet." Jughead stated.

Drea sighed. She felt bad for the boy. "If it makes you feel any better, you're not that bad of a guy." Drea joked.

"Thanks." Jughead deadpanned.

Drea only chuckled. "So, did you find out anything about your mom and her connection to the Blossoms and Betty's mom?" Jughead changed the subject.

"Uhm, no. I asked her again why we moved here and if she was here before, but she lied to me again. I mean, what could have been so bad that she lied to me and dad."

"Have you ever asked your mom about her past?" Jughead questioned as they walked up to Drea's locker.

"Yeah, but she always found a way to avoid it."

Jughead thought about it for a moment. "Have you thought about asking grandma Blossom." Jughead suggested.

"Well, she is better than Alice Cooper." Drea said Betty's mother's name with slight disgust.

"I'll come with you if you want. I mean, I did say I would help you figure this out." Jughead told her. Drea gave the boy a smile. "Thank you, Jug."

Jughead nodded. "I wonder. If Alice and Cheryl's grandmother knows my mother, who else does?" Drea thought out loud.

"Maybe even Pop's knows her. I mean, the man knows everyone." Jughead said.

That was two people Drea could ask, and hopefully, get answers from.

"But how exactly are we going to get to Rose Blossom?" Jughead questioned.

"I guess we're lucky Cheryl has taken a liking to me." Drea smirked.

Jughead smirked back.