Baby Showers

Chapter fourteen: Baby Showers

    Or maybe they just need a little push. Drea heard a ruckus on the other side of the room, so she turned to see Archie being thrown on top of a table and was about to get punched when a voice interrupted them.

"Hey! That's enough, Mustang. Let him go."

Drea found the voice to be familiar. She looked up to see FP Jones walking down some stairs.

She had a suspicion that Jughead knew more about the Serpents than it had seemed, but this wasn't something she had expected. His father was a part of said Serpents.

"I'll take care of this." He said, staring directly at Archie.

He led the four teenagers out of the bar.

"Not you red. You stay." FP said.

"Go ahead."

Drea went off with the others. She had a baby shower to get ready for.

When she arrived home, she quickly changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt tucked into it with a black flannel tied around her waist. She kept her combat boots and grabbed her camera. All good things deserved memories to look back on. Well, she hoped it was a good thing. The Blossoms and Coopers are in the same room. Good luck to them all. Before leaving, she grabbed the gift she had bought for Polly. She bought something for the baby but also for Polly.

When she arrived, she knocked on the door. Veronica opened with a smile. "I'm glad you could make it." She pulled Drea in.

Drea looked around the room to see smiling people and a happy Polly. She hoped it stayed that way.

There was also an expensive looking stroller at the side of the room. Drea assumed it was the Blossoms doing.

She saw Jughead leaning against the wall and decided to take this opportunity to have a talk with him. She made her way over to him, standing in front of him.

"Hey." She smiled. Jughead raised an eyebrow. "Everything seems calm." Drea decided to start with small talk to maybe ease the slight tension. The thing was, she absolutely hated small talk.

"For now." Jughead told her.

"Your dad he's -" Drea started, but Jughead interrupted. "Yeah. My dad's a Serpent, and no one knows."

"I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about. Especially Betty." Drea assured him. Jughead only stared at the girl who was almost his height just two inches off.

Drea continued when he didn't say anything. "It's nothing to worry about. I don't think Betty's mom could like you any less." Drea joked, causing a smile to appear on Jug's face.

Jughead decided to change the subject to her instead. "Grandmother Blossom is here. Are you gonna talk to her?"

"Yeah. Cheryl messaged me earlier and said she would make sure her mother doesn't like...stomp on me?" Drea laughed nervously.

Jughead chuckled. "Im sure it'll be fine she won't cause a scene in this setting. At least I hope not." He told her before looking past her. He nudged her slightly, nodding behind her. Drea turned her head to see Rose staring at the two. Well, more Drea than Jug. Her cold eyes burned holes into Drea, who only turned back to Jug.

"Maybe I should just not do this." Drea hesitated.

"I'll be right over here if it gets too... creepy." Jughead's voice lowered. Drea let out a sigh before walking towards the woman in the wheelchair.

She glanced at Penelope, who was talking to one of the guests. When she stood in front of Rose, she knelt on one knee, giving the old woman a smile.

"Hello dear." Rose spoke in her frail voice.

"I take it you had questions that need to be answered." She continued.

Drea furrowed her eyebrows slightly. "U-uhm yeah. Uhm, my mom. How do you know her?" Drea questioned.

"Why, your mother grew up in Riverdale. Her and Penelope were the best of friends. Most of the town knew about their friendship. They were inseparable. She would visit Penelope almost daily. That went on for years until your mother suddenly stopped going after her, and Penelope got into an argument. The biggest one they had, I was told. After that, Isabel was never seen again until now, that is." Rose spoke, making Drea even more confused.

She had accepted that her mother had lied to her, but she didn't know there was a connection to both Alice Cooper and Penelope.

"What about Alice Cooper. Do you know how she knew her?"

"Alice never liked Isabel. At the time, Isabel was dating a guy, Donnie MacBook. Alice was always jealous of that, so she chose to hate your mother instead of being friends." Rose answered.

"Ok, back to before. What did Penelope and my mother argue about?" Drea questioned quietly.

"Well, Penelope found out that your mother was -" Rose was cut off.

Drea felt a tap on her shoulder, causing her to quickly get up and spin around. Cheryl stood behind her. "Mother's getting suspicious. I suggest we continue this later." Cheryl told her in a whisper.

Drea nodded and gave Rose a nod before walking elsewhere.

The baby shower was going well with zero trouble, which everyone was happy for. Polly was now opening the gifts that were brought for the baby - well, apparently, they were babies. Rose told Polly that she was having twins one of each.

"These are wonderful. Thank you, Drea." Polly smiled at the girl as she opened the gift. It was two baby boots. One pink, one blue, soft sole and made of cotton. Because she wasn't sure of the gender. Now, they both had a use. Maybe.

"And this is for you." Drea handed Polly her gift. Polly took it with a smile. She opened it to find a necklace with a locket.

"I figure you could put a photo of the baby in it. They're two sides, so it works out." Drea spoke shyly.

Polly took the girl's hand, causing her to tense up slightly. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"Ok, now mom's." Betty spoke before handing the gift to Polly.

Polly opened it, pausing a second before taking up a night light. It was a naked baby with a pink bow on its head.

"It's my night light from when I was a little kid. How did you'- when did you -?"

"I saved it. I know how much you loved it and how it always made you feel safe. So, I wanted you to be able to pass it down to your baby one day." Alice told her.

"Alice, it's lovely." Hermione said.

Drea smiled as Alice took hold of Polly's hand.

"Open ours next, dear." Penelope said before putting down her tea. Before she could take up the gift Archie entered, it caused everyone to turn their attention to him.

There goes the peace.