Justice

Chapter Two: Justice

    Drea opened Chuck's locker, pulling out the playbook. A smirk formed on her face when she found the evidence she was looking for.

She looked towards the hallway when she heard Cheryl Blossom's voice. It was clear that Betty, Veronica, Kevin, and Ethel weren't aware that Drea was there. She knew exactly why the five were there, though.

"Trev told Valarie, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me, and I thought I would help out." Cheryl spoke.

"Help or derail our investigation." Drea heard Betty say.

"Get over yourself, Betty."

"You guys looking for this?" Drea decided to speak up as she walked towards them with the book in her hand.

The five held surprised expressions. "Drea? What are you doing here?" Betty questioned quietly as they pointed their flashlight at the girl to get a better view.

"I heard what Chuck Clayton did. I did some research, dug up some stuff, and intell that led me here. I'm assuming we got the same source, considering you guy also broke into the school." Drea explained what she was doing there before handing the book Ethel.

She opened the book, and surprise surprise a bunch of girls' names were in that book.

"New girl. That's what I'm reduced to. Nine points."  Veronica said as she saw the last entry in the book.

"Better than big girl." Ethel said looking at her name in the book. "Seven point five."

Drea took some photos of the book. Her jaw clenched as she examined it. Men were disgusting. Not all were bad, but guys like Chuck were what made women have to be careful.

"Polly's in the book." Betty spoke up.

"Next to Jason's name." Cheryl said.

Betty took a glance at Cheryl before immediately walking off to the side. Drea had heard that Jason was a saint, but she guessed all wasn't as it seemed.

"I'm so sorry, Betty." Veronica said to her friend.

"This isn't.. Jason would never -" Cheryl tried to make up an excuse for her deceased bother, but Betty cut her off.

"It's right there, Cheryl. Your brother hurt my sister. This is what guys like Jason and Chuck think about women we're objects for them to abuse. And when they're done with us, they shame us into silence they have zero remorse for the lives they destroyed." Betty expressed.

"Maybe I don't know Jason." Cheryl turned off the flashlight and walked away from the book.

"Drea took pictures. We'll show them to Weatherbee. It'll be the perfect cover for your expose, Betty." Veronica told the girl.

"Yeah, but these girls deserve justice, don't you think Cheryl?" Betty asked the ginger.

"You want vengeance?" She asked Veronica, who nodded. "You wanna go full dark mode, Veronica? I'm with you. I have a plan."

Drea found herself at a function that was being hosted by the mayor.

"Welcome all to the first annual Taste of Riverdale. As a lead up to our seventy fifth anniversary jubilee, this event proves that Riverdale truly is a town that when tragedy knocks us down, we get right back up." The mayor spoke. Everyone cheered as she concluded her speech.

Drea looked around at all the elegantly dressed people. Her all black attire didn't quite go with the theme. Some adults gave her side glances, but they were ignored by the girl as she took photos of the venue.

As she pointed her camera towards different persons, she felt a pair of eyes on her. Looking around, Drea saw Jughead looking down at her from the balcony. She gave a small smile to which he returned.

A small ruckus drew Jughead's and Drea's attention away from each other. Drea looked to see Alice Cooper and Penelope Blossom being pulled away from each other. It seemed as though Penelope had hit Alice.

Drea took a quick photo before turning to leave. She walked out of the venue, knowing that the next day was either going to go great or extremely terrible.

After the little mission at the school, Drea went to Pop's. She was having a milkshake when she saw Betty walk in. Drea's eyebrows furrowed as she saw Betty's attire. Her shirt was cropped, and bold red lipstick coated her lips.

She had walked towards Chuck, who sat at a table. Drea watched as Betty took a seat in front of Chuck. She couldn't hear their conversation, but Betty seemed to be acting as though she was interested in Chuck.

Drea didn't know the plan, but she knew that it would work. It had to.

And it did. The next day, Coach Clayton, to save his job, to save the schools reputation, was forced to cut his own son and his imbecile friends from the team.

Drea watched as the boys shamefully walked through the halls, students surrounding them, taking photos.

When Chuck passed Drea, she smirked, taunting the boy. Those photos she took held up well with Weatherbee.

Some of the girls that were victim to Chuck and his goons went up to her and thanked her. She always replied with, "Don't thank me. Veronica and Betty are the real heroes here."

And they were, but at what cost?

Betty and Veronica walked up to Drea. "We also wanted to thank you. You barely know us, yet you put in all that effort just to help." Veronica spoke.

"Women stick together. We shouldn't be afraid to stick up for ourselves or the others who can't." Drea shrugged like her help was nothing, but truthfully, it was a lot.

"I was wondering...would you like to join the Blue and Gold? We could really use your photography skills." Betty asked with a nervous smile.

The Blue and Gold. The school newspaper. Drea ran the newspaper at her high school in Chicago, so she couldn't pass up this opportunity, especially if it meant revealing the truths that Riverdale High had to hold.

"I'm in." She told Betty, causing the blonde to smile widely

"Great."

Drea gave the girl a small smile before walking away. While the brunette walked, she passed Ms. Grundy's music room. That was when she saw something she shouldn't have.

Archie Andrews and Ms. Grundy was making out against the wall. She quickly looked away. She knew about Archie Andrews. Betty's best friend. He came into conversation when he passed Betty and her on the tour the day before.

To think, football player Archie Andrews was sleeping with the music teacher of Riverdale High. Now that was a story.