The Incident

Chapter fifteen: The Incident

    Archie made his way past everyone towards Jughead. Drea, Betty, and Veronica went over to them.

"Archie."

"Did you know Jughead's father's a Serpent?" Jughead asked the blonde and raven haired girls. Drea's eyes widened. She didn't think Archie would do it this way.

"No." Betty said in disbelief.

"That's why you tried to stop me from going to the bar so I wouldn't find out. After everything my dad has done for you." Archie said with the same disbelief.

"Archie. I can explain, ok?" Jughead tried to reason.

Drea interrupted.

"Not right now."

"This is Polly's day. So you two need to check yourselves out. I mean it." Veronica scolded.

"Archie."

"No, save it." Archie told Jughead. Veronica led Archie out as Penelope gave Polly the gift.

Drea followed after Veronica and Archie. Following Archie out, she stopped him.

"Andrews." She called out.

"What? Drea?" Archie spun around to face Drea. "Look, I don't know you -" Drea started, but the red head cut her off. "Exactly, you don't know me or Jug. You don't know what it feels like to have your best friend lie to you for years."

Drea sighed. "All I'm saying is that you could have handled that better. He didn't tell you or anyone for a reason, and it was not your place to say anything." Drea kept her voice even.

Archie looked down. Her words sink in. "Maybe it wasn't, but that's just how it is." With that, Archie turned around and walked out.

Drea sighed.

After the shower, which didn't end well, no surprise there, Drea went home. She couldn't wrap her mind around what Rose had said.

First off, her mother lied to her and her father about living in Riverdale. She did not only know Alice Cooper, but she was friends with Penelope Blossom until she left after an argument. And the incident. What was the incident Pop's had mentioned, and did it have something to do with Donnie MacBook.

Donnie MacBook.

Drea sat up in her bed and pulled her computer from the bedside table. After opening the computer and typing in her password, she searched Donnie MacBook, Riverdale.

"Oh my gosh -" Drea gasped when she saw a site saying, "Donnie MacBook Found Dead I'm His Home." She clicked on the site.

In a shocking turn of events, Donnie MacBook, a high schooler at Riverdale High, died on November 27th, 2000. He was found in his home, a gunshot wound to his head.

He was found by Isabel Alvarez on their one year anniversary.

His parents, Lilith and Mark MacBook, haven't come to cope with the murder. Authorities has launched a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding his untimely demise, but no suspect had been apprehended.

Drea read on, not knowing what to say. A knock on her front door interrupted her. She quickly stood up and went to answer it. Pulling the door open, she saw Jughead standing there. She pulled him in without a word. She had messaged him throughout her reading.

"So, what did grandma Blossom say?" Jughead asked as he took a seat on the couch. Drea grabbed her computer from her room and brought it to Jughead. She placed it on his lap. She explained what Cheryl's grandmother told her.

"Who's Donnie MacBook?"

"Read on."

After a moment, Jughead said, "Ohh. Your mother's boyfriend."

"Keep reading." She told him.

Jughead read on until something caught his eye.

A few days after the boy's death, it was revealed that Donnie MacBook was a Southside Serpent. Isabel Alvarez was aware at the time, but we couldn't get any more answers from her; she had skipped town about two days after the murder after being ruled out as a suspect.

Drea ran her hands over her face. "A woman in the bar, she asked if she knew me. She probably knew my mother."

Jughead looked up from the computer and glanced at Drea before looking towards a photo of Drea, Isabel, and Michael on the coffee table. He had to admit she did look like a younger version of her mother. The only resemblance to her father was her brunette hair while her mother's was black.

"Maybe that was the argument Penelope and your mother had. We all know that the North siders don't like Serpents. Maybe they argued because she was dating a Serpent." Jughead suggested. He was probably right.

Penelope found out Isabel was dating a Serpent and didn't appreciate that. But why go through all this trouble to lie, and why come back at all?

"I dont know what to do, Jug." Drea ran a hand over her face. Jughead nudged Drea's leg with his to draw her attention. She looked up at him with a distraught face.

"Talk to your mum."

Drea quickly sat up. "Oh no no no no. I can't do that. Then she would know that I was snopping. We can't have that." Drea expressed, shaking her head.

"You're gonna have to talk to her some time." Jughead told her. "I know, just not now. I need to find out more about MacBook."

"Alright, I'll help. I'm sure that theirs more out there on this Doonnie MacBook. We just need to find it."

Drea nodded. Soon after, the door was opened, causing Jughead to slam the computer shut and stand up along with Drea.

Isabel entered, a confused look on her face when she saw the two kids standing quickly.

"Hi, mum." Drea greeted her mother.

"Hello, mija. Who's this?" Isabel asked, looking at the boy behind her daughter. 

"He was just leaving." Drea took hold of Jugs hand and began to drag him to the door when her mother stopped the two.

"Now, wait a minute. I bought dinner from Pop's, and there is plenty extra." Isabel told the two teenagers.

Drea gave Jughead a side glance. "Thanks, Mrs. Danvers, but I'm just fine." Jughead said.

Isabel frowned. "Are you sure. Drea is probably acting this way because she likes you." She laughed. Drea groaned.

Before Drea could say anything, Jughead interrupted. "I'm sure she does, but I really should get going, Mrs. Danvers. Thanks again."

"Ok, well, goodnight -" Isabel paused, waiting for a name.

"Jughead."

"Unique name. I like it."

Jughead smiled at the woman. He gave Drea a tight-lipped smile. She returned an awkward wave.

Drea now had to look forward to a conversation, which resulted in telling her mother that she had zero feelings for the beanie wearing boy.