Polly

Chapter nine: Polly

"Hi. My name is Elizabeth Cooper. I'm here to see my sister Polly." Betty spoke to the receptionist.

"May I see some identification?" The woman said.

"Sign in here, please." She said after Betty gave her identification.

"You'll have to wait." The woman spoke to Jughead and Drea.

Drea and Jughead took a seat as they waited for Betty. Drea's mind wandered to Rose Blossom and Alice Cooper. They both knew her mother. That means that Isabel lived in Riverdale, and she lied to Drea.

Her mother said that the internet said Riverdale was a small, normal, quiet town that was perfect for their family. It was the perfect place to get away from everything in Chicago, but she was completely wrong.

If Isabel did live in Riverdale, why lie, and what was her connection to the Blossoms. Penelope didn't seem to recognize Drea, so how did Grandma Blossom recognize the girl as Isabel's daughter?

Nothing made sense.

"Hey." Jughead whispered, nudging Drea's leg with his own. "What's wrong?" He asked the girl. "Oh uhm nothing it's just ... Do you remember when we got caught by Rose Blossom in Jason's room?" Drea started. Jug nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"Before I left the room, she told me to tell my mother she said hello, then when Alice told me to stay back, she said she knew my mother, that they were friends. My mother never mentioned them or Riverdale.

When I asked her if she had ever been here, she lied to me and said no." Drea explained what was on her mind.

"Well, what does your mother have to do with the Blossoms or Alice Cooper?" Jughead questioned.

Drea shrugged. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

"I'll help you." Jughead offered. "You don't have to d-"

"I want to." Jug interrupted her. Drea gave the boy a smile. To anyone else, Jughead Jones may seem like a sad loner, but if you look much closer, you would see what Drea saw in the boy.

"Look what we have here." Alice spoke, causing the two teens' eyes to widen as they quickly stood. "Why am I not surprised. Stay here while I go get my daughter." Alice glared at the two teens.

After a bit in came, Betty stood beside her mother, her eyes glued to the ground. A man in all white clothing stood next to them.

"Come on." Alice ordered. The two teens followed after Betty and her mother.

A girl walked out in front of them, causing them to stop. "Mom."

"Polly." Alice spoke.

"Jason's dead, and you didn't tell me, and you kept me in here." Polly spoke, her voice getting louder.

"Baby, it's for your own good." Alice told her.

"You always say that, and it's not true." Two men tried to pull Polly away from her mother, but Betty gave Polly a hug as she struggled.

Drea and Jughead tried to walk towards Betty, but they were pushed off. Drea grunted as one of the men pushed her into the wall. Jug pulled him away from her.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, I swear to God. I love you, Polly." Betty told Polly.

After that... interesting evening. Drea found her way home. Her mother sat on the couch, a drink in her hand. She was watching Telenovelas. "Really?" Drea smirked.

"What it's in my Cuban heritage mija. Just because I married a Danvers doesn't mean that I'm not a Inclán. Besides, I didn't want to go to the variety show." Isabel told her daughter.

Drea smiled before it dropped. "Uhm, mum?"

"Yeah, baby?" Isabel paused the television, focusing on her daughter. "Uhm, you said you have never been here before, right? In Riverdale." Drea asked.

"Yes, this is my first time here." Isabel's face didn't show discomfort, but the shifting she did made it clear to Drea that she was lying again.

"Why here? Why not someplace more.."

"Normal? Less mystery? Uhm well...I guess we just arrived at the wrong time. I'm sure things will clear up." Isabel patted Drea's thigh.

Her mother was lying to her. Isabel Inclán- Danvers never lied to her daughter no matter what. She believed that the truth was the most important to keep the family relationship strong.

Drea gave her mum a fake smile before standing and going to her room. She took out her camera before throwing her bag to the side. She kicked off her shoes laying in her bed, staring at the white ceiling.

Soon enough, her phone began to vibrate. She took it from her pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was Betty. "Heya, Betts." She sat up.

"I need you to meet Jug and me at Route 40" Betty told her. "Uhm, where?" Drea questioned. "Right, you don't know Riverdale. uhm, just meet outside my house."

"Ok." Drea didn't ask any questions. She trusted the blonde.

She grabbed her camera and placed it in her backpack before pulling on her boots that she had kicked off and made her way to her window. She could easily walk out of the house, but she was so used to going out the window.

Once she met up with Betty and Jug, she asked where they were going. Betty explained that Polly mentioned something about a car that Jason had stashed for them on Route 40. 

"Are you sure about this?" Drea asked Betty. She needed to make sure this was what her friend truly wanted.

"Yes, Drea, I need to know." Betty told her. Drea gave a nod. The three made their way to Route 40. When they got there, they looked around for a bit.

"Guys." Drea voiced, pointing her flashlight towards the car. It was covered by some sort of tarp. They had found it. Betty smiled at Jug. They went towards the car. Jughead pulled off the cover and opened the trunk.

What are those?" Betty asked.

Jughead pulled it out. "Drugs. Betty."

"Bro. Stop. Put it down. This is evidence. It's all evidence." Drea told him before taking out her camera and taking photos of the trunk and going around to take one of the cars itself.

"Crap. This whole car is a crime scene." Jughead spoke.

"Ok. We need to get Sheriff Keller, and then we need to get Polly."

𝑂𝑘𝑘𝑘𝑘, ℎ𝑖. 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛𝑡 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠 𝑢𝑝. 𝐵𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑓𝑒𝑤 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑜 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐽𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑. 𝐼 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛. 𝐼 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝐽𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑏𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑔𝒊𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑒'𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐽𝑢𝑔. 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑟𝑢𝑠ℎ 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝐼 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑛 𝐷𝑟𝑒𝑎 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐽𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙.

𝑋𝑜𝑥𝑜, 𝐾𝑟𝑦𝑠𝑠𝑦 ❤