chapter 65: Visiting Second Uncle's Home

Lin Ze knew that sooner or later someone would come looking for the business of cakes and bread. However, he never expected that the first to come would be his uncle, with whom he had not been in contact for many years.

What was even more unexpected is that Lin Dakun completely disregarded family ties and, for the sake of his own interests, directly angered Lin Sangui.

Lin Ze was the type to yield to persuasion but not to coercion. If approached nicely, he might just agree, as harmony leads to prosperity. As long as there was profit, he did not want to cause trouble. After all, the Lin family’s background was simple, and trying to monopolize things would invite trouble.

But now, Lin Ze was in a bad mood. He was determined to enjoy this big cake alone, and no one would even think about getting a share of it.

“Dad, you don’t need to worry about Lin Dakun. There’s no need to get angry. If Xianleju wants to swallow me, it needs to see if it’s capable…”

Lin Ze told Lin Sangui directly, his face cold.

He had encountered such vicious competition before. If he could not handle this, what was the point of continuing? Besides, his reputation had been restored, and now that he was reopening the private school, there were more people in Nanyang Town who wanted to be on good terms with him.

However, being just the owner of a dessert shop, even if it was a well-established brand passed down for generations, the status of merchants in this era was not high. As long as he managed well, even a lowly scholar could suppress others to the point of suffocation.

This was the class structure of this era: scholars, farmers, artisans, and merchants. Otherwise, why would commoners go to such lengths to pass the imperial examinations? Because passing the exams brings many benefits.

However, Lin Sangui still felt uneasy. After all, in the eyes of the villagers, being a prominent figure in town was already quite impressive.

Seeing his father’s worried expression, Lin Ze no longer concealed his abilities and reassured him with a trump card.

“Don’t worry, the prominent figures in town are not just the owners of Xianleju. After the formal naming banquet, I will have half of the prominent figures in Nanyang Town standing by my side. If Xianleju wants to survive, it’s better not to provoke me.”

His tone was undeniably bold.

The people in the room were secretly surprised by Lin Ze’s plan for the private school.

Including Lin Jianwen, everyone was staring at Lin Ze intently, their gazes fluctuating. Lin Jianwen found that he could not understand his big brother more and more. Thinking back to when Lin Ze said he wanted him dead, he could not help but feel a cold sweat breaking out on his back…

There were many people in the room who were not on their side, so Lin Ze naturally would not explain too much.

After comforting Lin Sangui for a few words and instructing Lin Xiaolian to take care, he warned Lin Jianwen and his mother with a glance before calling second uncle Lin to leave together.

As for Zhang Yinzhu, Lin Ze had not paid attention to her at all.

Before leaving, he caught a glimpse of Zhang Yinzhu looking resentful, her eyes expressing a “you unfaithful man” expression. Lin Ze shivered, feeling that sometimes, over-imagining things could be a very serious illness.

After leaving Lin Sangui’s place, Lin Ze and his wife did not go home but went to his uncle’s house instead.