chapter 9: Selling misery and complaining

“Gasp…”

After Lin Ze finished speaking, the surrounding villagers took a sharp breath.

The Xue Liang couple’s matter was no longer the focus of everyone’s attention. The fact that Lin Ze intended to sue his own mother and brother was what shocked and astonished them.

Oh my goodness, a son suing his own mother! This could be the first time in the history of Qingshan County!

Lin Sangui was so shocked that he could not utter a word. He was completely dumbfounded.

“Lin Ze, do you know what you’re saying? Suing your own mother is a grave act of unfilial behavior!”

The village chief, Li Laofu, who was in charge of the matter, had experienced many things and had quick reactions, promptly spoke seriously.

This matter involving Lin Ze was much more serious than Xue Liang’s previous clamoring. A son suing his own mother, not to mention in Qingshan County, but in the whole Daji region, such a thing had never happened before. If this news spread to the neighboring Heba Village, it would truly become a notorious scandal.

Who knows, it might even reach the emperor’s ears, as the reigning emperor was the most devoted to filial piety among all the emperors in history.

“Village Chief, I understand, but I have no choice but to do this. Even if it costs me my life, I need to clear up these years of grievances. Otherwise, when I face the King of Hell, I will still have to bear this unjust accusation…”

Lin Ze deeply bowed, his eyes turning red, making everyone feel inexplicably uncomfortable.

Upon hearing these words, the villagers who originally thought that Lin Ze was just a disrespectful and unfilial bastard calmed down and became curious about what had actually happened in the Lin family for such an absurd situation of a son suing his own mother to arise.

However, Chen Shuju and Lin Jianwen, who were in the courtyard, had a subtle change in their expressions, and their hearts skipped a beat.

Lin Jianwen did not make a move for the time being and could not speak conveniently. Chen Shuju, who was already a straightforward woman, naturally had not anticipated this. She glanced at her second son and quickly ran out, wailing and crying.

“You damned beast! You actually want to report me to the authorities, you unfilial son of a b*tch! In this world, where has there ever been a son who sues his own mother? I must have raised you in vain, you damn beast!”

After Chen Shuju’s wailing opened up the scene, Lin Jianwen finally came out, looking disappointed as he gazed at Lin Ze.

“Big brother, how could you go and sue our mother? No matter what wrong she may have done to upset you, she is the one who gave birth to us and raised us. She worked hard and sacrificed to support us in studying and taking exams. How can you be so unfilial?”

Truly, as someone who had received an education, Lin Jianwen’s few words immediately tilted the balance of people’s opinions.

The villagers agreed with what they heard. Yes, no matter what mistakes the parents may have made, as sons, they should not resort to suing their own mothers. The debt of giving birth and raising them could not be repaid even with their lives. This was simply unfilial behavior.

Moreover, the villagers had witnessed the Lin family’s hardships over the years as they scrimped and saved to support their two sons. Even after Lin Ze developed his mysterious illness, the Lin family continued to spend money on his education. If it were another family, they would have long kicked their son out to work and earn money.